Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > communication between to hosts behind NAT

communication between to hosts behind NAT

jyotish

Hi,

I have a very difficult time figuring out this...

I have two computers who sends each other messages using UDP. Both
machines are behind NAT. I m requesting STUN server to find out both
machines global addresses(Mapped IP and Mapped Port). But the mapped
port is not constant and keeps on changing very frequently. So, even
if first connection is made, once we loose the connection, the
mappings are lost. So, basically, is there any way to preserve the same
mapped ip and port?

In a nutshell, i have to computers behind NAT, and i want a
commnunication between them, whenever i need. Just like how messengers
do.

Hope someone can give me some direction. Thanks a lot in advance....