Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > What kind of Media Gateway

What kind of Media Gateway

Bjoern Morgenthaler

Hey,

I'm new to this VoIP business.
For a evaluation implementation of a VoIP system I need your help
finding the 'best' media gateway in trunking mode (no matter if it's
software or hardware).
We got a couple of EURO ISDN (BRI) channels that goes up to one PRI in
future on the PSTN side. On the VoIP side we got serveral users talking
SIP (maybe IAX2 in future) with the need of using SRTP and MIKEY.
What MediaGateway, MediaGatewayController, PBX (maybe Asterisk),
Configuration, from which vendors etc. would you use to link such kind
of system.
I know that a MediaGateway only links the two medias and has nothing to
do with the signaling between those two worlds, so a controller or PBX
is also needed, isn't it?
It would be very kind if you can give me some hints and advices where to
look or where to find hardware and/or software.

Kind regards,

Bjoern Morgenthaler

--
think for yourself... question authority!

http://www.moexeom.de

GnuPGP encrypted messages welcome!
Key: 0x293F8DCA @ wwwkeys.de.pgp.net