Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Older computer needs accelerator card for game

Older computer needs accelerator card for game

SanchoPanza

I have a nephew who has an older 866 MHz HP desktop. He recently
purchased a game (Tony Hawk's Underground 2) and discovered that he
needs a graphics accelerator to use the game. So I went over to COMPUSA
and purchased a 64 MB PCI accelerator card expecting to simply plug it
in and presto. However, after installing the card, I was unable to get
the computer to start. Windows does not boot. Nada. He is running
Win2000.

Is there something else I have to do? Do I have to disable the onboard
graphics card? How can I do that? Should I install something else?

Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.