Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > International phone calls

International phone calls

Wayne Kerr

My daughter lives in New York.
We use One Tel to call her at 3p per minute.
We speak to her every day for about 20 minutes on average.
We have a laptop and so does she plus she has an American mobile phone.

Dixon's are doing a £79 99 package on calls which probably works out
cheaper than One Tel.
Before I buy from Dixon's are there any other options to make cheap or free
phone calls either landline to landline/mobile.

Or laptop to laptop.

Jen Walker

try Skype, it's great!!

http://www.skype.com/

Wayne Kerr

Can I call a mobile using Skype
"Jen Walker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news5o8f.5943$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> try Skype, it's great!!
>
> http://www.skype.com/

old jon

"Wayne Kerr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:C0o8f.9104$(E-Mail Removed)...
> My daughter lives in New York.
> We use One Tel to call her at 3p per minute.
> We speak to her every day for about 20 minutes on average.
> We have a laptop and so does she plus she has an American mobile phone.
>
> Dixon's are doing a £79 99 package on calls which probably works out
> cheaper than One Tel.
> Before I buy from Dixon's are there any other options to make cheap or
> free
> phone calls either landline to landline/mobile.
>
> Or laptop to laptop.

My daughter in London, calls her friends in the USA using Skype, Comp to
Comp.
bw..OJ

MrGrumpy

Yes, but you have to pay
Landline calls to skype users are free

"Wayne Kerr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:WBo8f.18209$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can I call a mobile using Skype
> "Jen Walker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news5o8f.5943$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> > try Skype, it's great!!
> >
> > http://www.skype.com/

Dave Croft

"Wayne Kerr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:WBo8f.18209$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can I call a mobile using Skype
> "Jen Walker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news5o8f.5943$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> > try Skype, it's great!!
> > http://www.skype.com/

Hi Wayne, Skype prices to telephones are at
http://www.skype.com/products/skypeo...all_rates.html
Change the rate to your currency.
Computer to computer calls are all free.
The best thing since sliced bread!
--
Dave Croft

jonnyB

go to www.moneysavingexpert.com
There has been deregulation of the phones and you can use access numbers 08444
****
there are loads now. I phone from London to LA to a mobile for 1p per minute
anytime
08448614545
it does change from month to month so be careful sometimes it is 2p but you can
do a regular check on rates every week if you like I have saved a fortune!!!!!
I still use Onetel for weekends in the UK as cals are free. But I use 0844
always during the day in the UK as it is laways a1p per minute. also 0845 can
be got for 2p and 0870 for 5p from some companies.
here is the link
PASS THIS DATA TO EVERYONE WHO USES A PHONE!!!
screw BT
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/callchecker/

Wayne Kerr wrote:

> My daughter lives in New York.
> We use One Tel to call her at 3p per minute.
> We speak to her every day for about 20 minutes on average.
> We have a laptop and so does she plus she has an American mobile phone.
>
> Dixon's are doing a £79 99 package on calls which probably works out
> cheaper than One Tel.
> Before I buy from Dixon's are there any other options to make cheap or free
> phone calls either landline to landline/mobile.
>
> Or laptop to laptop.

Oncle JC

Why don't you use Skype to speak freely from computer to computer. It's
great and absolutly no cost.

Siimply go to http://192.168.1.1

or if you prefer : http://www.skype.com/helloagain.html

and good limitless chats !!

"Wayne Kerr" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
C0o8f.9104$(E-Mail Removed)...
> My daughter lives in New York.
> We use One Tel to call her at 3p per minute.
> We speak to her every day for about 20 minutes on average.
> We have a laptop and so does she plus she has an American mobile phone.
>
> Dixon's are doing a £79 99 package on calls which probably works out
> cheaper than One Tel.
> Before I buy from Dixon's are there any other options to make cheap or
> free
> phone calls either landline to landline/mobile.
>
> Or laptop to laptop.

TaraRashid TaraRashid is offline
Junior Member

Try Map Your Number They provide FREE personal 08 numbers to call your friends and family abroad through a secure, reliable and crystal clear line. simply visit their website wwwDOTmapyournumberDOTcoDOTuk