Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > What is my public IP Address?

What is my public IP Address?

NetSurfer

I've got a basic question.

In my home I've a Linksys cable modem/wireless router combo equipment.
My computer is connected fine with it.

I understand that there is a private IP address (198.168.X.X) assigned
to the computer from the router. I also understand that there is a IP
address assigned to the router (198.168.X.Y).

My question is how can I find out the public IP address assigned to my
router from the cable company? I'm running Windows XP.

I appreciate your help.

mdp

NetSurfer wrote:
> I've got a basic question.
>
> In my home I've a Linksys cable modem/wireless router combo equipment.
> My computer is connected fine with it.
>
> I understand that there is a private IP address (198.168.X.X) assigned
> to the computer from the router. I also understand that there is a IP
> address assigned to the router (198.168.X.Y).
>
> My question is how can I find out the public IP address assigned to my
> router from the cable company? I'm running Windows XP.
>
> I appreciate your help.

68.4.156.102

mdp

mdp wrote:
> NetSurfer wrote:
>> I've got a basic question.
>>
>> In my home I've a Linksys cable modem/wireless router combo
>> equipment. My computer is connected fine with it.
>>
>> I understand that there is a private IP address (198.168.X.X)
>> assigned to the computer from the router. I also understand that
>> there is a IP address assigned to the router (198.168.X.Y).
>>
>> My question is how can I find out the public IP address assigned to
>> my router from the cable company? I'm running Windows XP.
>>
>> I appreciate your help.

> 68.4.156.102

This site will give it to you also.

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

Plato

http://www.whatismyip.com/

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

NetSurfer

Thanks - but is there any way I can find the public IP address from
running some command from my Windows XP? I tried the ipconfig /all but
that didn't provide me the results. Is there anything else I can try?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

NetSurfer wrote:
> Thanks - but is there any way I can find the public IP address from
> running some command from my Windows XP? I tried the ipconfig /all but
> that didn't provide me the results. Is there anything else I can try?

Have you had a chance to look at Plato's suggestion?

mdp

You can go into your router. The address is usually:

http://192.168.0.1

Default Username and Passwords are often both 'admin' or Username is left
blank and the Password is 'admin' (without the quotes)

"NetSurfer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Thanks - but is there any way I can find the public IP address from
> running some command from my Windows XP? I tried the ipconfig /all but
> that didn't provide me the results. Is there anything else I can try?

Thaqalain

Dowload Everset Home Ed.,U will get all IDs in detail text report
format in Lavalys folder of Program Files.

Sarah

"Thaqalain" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Dowload Everset Home Ed.,U will get all IDs in detail text report
> format in Lavalys folder of Program Files.

Everset = Everest