Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > network cable unplugged?

network cable unplugged?

Wanda Rayfield

I have a red X over an icon at the bottom of my screen. When I put my curser
over it the message pops up saying: Network Bridge
Network cable unplugged
MAC Bridge Miniport
Where on my computer do I look for this unplugged cable? Thanks, Wanda

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Wanda Rayfield wrote:
> I have a red X over an icon at the bottom of my screen. When I put my curser
> over it the message pops up saying: Network Bridge
> Network cable unplugged
> MAC Bridge Miniport
> Where on my computer do I look for this unplugged cable? Thanks, Wanda

If it is in fact a network cable unplugged, it's a small round cable
with what looks like a slightly oversized phone plug on the end of it.
And it could be at the other end of where it goes to that is unplugged,
usually a router, switch or another computer. Other things can cause
that message including physical damage to the cord and other weird stuff.

John Holmes

Rgr blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> Wanda Rayfield wrote:
>> I have a red X over an icon at the bottom of my screen. When I put my
>> curser over it the message pops up saying: Network Bridge
>> Network cable unplugged
>> MAC Bridge Miniport
>> Where on my computer do I look for this unplugged cable? Thanks,
>> Wanda

> If it is in fact a network cable unplugged, it's a small round cable
> with what looks like a slightly oversized phone plug on the end of it.
> And it could be at the other end of where it goes to that is
> unplugged, usually a router, switch or another computer. Other things
> can cause that message including physical damage to the cord and other
> weird stuff.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! From the OP: MAC Bridge Miniport...
A small round cable you say? You ****ing clueless retarded ****.
<snigger>

--
Your mother was a moth-eaten lamer who used to breathe helium in a home
for the terminally short of cash.

The Wanderer

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 19:03:34 -0500, Wanda Rayfield wrote:

> I have a red X over an icon at the bottom of my screen. When I put my curser
> over it the message pops up saying: Network Bridge
> Network cable unplugged
> MAC Bridge Miniport
> Where on my computer do I look for this unplugged cable? Thanks, Wanda

You probably have a fairly modern pc which has a built-in ethernet port.
The operating system has recognised the port, set it up with drivers and is
telling you it can't connect to anything on the (I'm guessing non-existant)
network coz there ain't a cable plugged into it. If you right-click on the
icon, there should be an option to disable it.

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net

Jon von Leipzig@myday.com

The Wanderer wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 19:03:34 -0500, Wanda Rayfield wrote:
>
> > I have a red X over an icon at the bottom of my screen. When I put my curser
> > over it the message pops up saying: Network Bridge
> > Network cable unplugged
> > MAC Bridge Miniport
> > Where on my computer do I look for this unplugged cable? Thanks, Wanda

> You probably have a fairly modern pc which has a built-in ethernet port.
> The operating system has recognised the port, set it up with drivers and is
> telling you it can't connect to anything on the (I'm guessing non-existant)
> network coz there ain't a cable plugged into it. If you right-click on the
> icon, there should be an option to disable it.

Think yer right, there's not really an unplugged cable.

Look for that Mac thingie in Network Connections, Advanced, then just
Disable it.

or right click My Computer, Properties, Hardware, Device Manager,
Network Adapters, Mac Bridge, right click Properties, then Disable at
Device Usage.

Walter Mautner

Wanda Rayfield wrote:

> I have a red X over an icon at the bottom of my screen. When I put my
> curser over it the message pops up saying: Network Bridge
> Network cable unplugged
> MAC Bridge Miniport
> Where on my computer do I look for this unplugged cable? Thanks, Wanda

You have made a bridge out of your computer - maybe you bridged the
dialup adapter with the LAN, and one of them is unplugged.
Most of the times (at least as long as you don't know more about the
"bridge") it happened unintentionally and you can remove it (open
network connections).
to remove offending incompatible products. Reactivate MS software.
Linux woodpecker.fdns.net 2.6.12-mm2[LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]