Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > mixed hdl synthesis

mixed hdl synthesis

bxbxb3

Hi,
Can anyone please tell me how to carry out mixed hdl synthesis in LEOSPEC,
my TOP LEVEL is in VHDL
one LOwer block in VERILOG and other in VHDL
the tool shows SYNTAX errors. What i got from there is that if u r
synthesizing VERILOG file then it will not take VHDL syntaxes and vice-
versa. How to carry out that
one more problem related to XILINX COREGEN ,
when i instantiate it from coregen and save the top level as either .v or
vhd it sometimes carries out TRANSLATION but sometimes it does not works

or i need to insert corresponding .XCO file of that instantiated coregen
everytime
please tell me the correct way of doing this.

Neo

Actually you should have no problem but have you checked whether you
have the license for mixed language design.

bxbxb3

Thanks for the advice, It works in advanced mode of LeoSpec.

HDL - simulation vs synthesis digital pig VHDL 1 05-29-2008 03:38 AM
HDL Synthesis to 2-input base function gate netlist matthew.pullerits@gmail.com VHDL 1 11-07-2007 03:50 PM
On HDL Synthesis devices VHDL 12 07-04-2007 12:31 PM
Mixed HDL Simulation-Query Lesalesa VHDL 0 09-18-2006 05:13 AM
what are the possible reasons that successful pre-synthesis simulation + successful synthesis = failed post-synthes walala VHDL 4 09-08-2003 01:51 PM

Advertisments