Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > High latency connection - sugestions 4 VoIP service(s)/settings??

High latency connection - sugestions 4 VoIP service(s)/settings??

BigBen

Hi All,

I'm using a wireless CDMA450 connection, with latency around 500 ms.
Stable bandwith is limited to 153 Kbps

Given this conditions,:
1) which services could possibly be better for me, and
2) could any custom settings on the softphone improve my calls?

TIA,
jbr

Zeng

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 18:07:02 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (BigBen)
wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I'm using a wireless CDMA450 connection, with latency around 500 ms.
>Stable bandwith is limited to 153 Kbps
>
>Given this conditions,:
>1) which services could possibly be better for me, and
>2) could any custom settings on the softphone improve my calls?
>
>TIA,
>jbr

jbr,
You should look into what they're doing when running VoIP via VSATs.
I don't how they address the latency but I think there's a few
installations out there. Your delays sound like they'd fall into that
category.

BTW, who makes the 450 equipment that you're using?
Zeng

BigBen

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 01:35:26 -0500, Zeng <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>You should look into what they're doing when running VoIP via VSATs.
>I don't how they address the latency but I think there's a few
>installations out there. Your delays sound like they'd fall into that
>category.

I don't know, and I don't think the company would tell me about those
details

>BTW, who makes the 450 equipment that you're using?

I'm not sure about the manufacturer, (althoug apparently Kyocera), I
can only identify the model: Telemodem Z010.

The provider is Zapp:
http://www.zapp.ro
http://www.zapp.pt

I'm in Portugal.