Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Phone Survey

Reply
Thread Tools

Phone Survey

 
 
sb
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-17-2006
Can someone provide me a brief overview of setting up a system to
handle phone surveys? Is this a feature that is built into a pbx?
Excuse my ignorance, but I have no telecom experience(only computer
development). Thanks.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
shido xavier
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-22-2006
sb wrote:
> Can someone provide me a brief overview of setting up a system to
> handle phone surveys? Is this a feature that is built into a pbx?
> Excuse my ignorance, but I have no telecom experience(only computer
> development). Thanks.
>

Configuring Asterisk for Interactive Voice Response wouldn't be too
difficult. What kind of results / questions are you looking for in the
survey? Please reply in detail.

-sx

IM: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
sb
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-22-2006
I've got a few restaurant clients that are interested in offering a
phone survey for their guests. This is something my company would like
to offer them instead of sending the business elsewhere.

The process would be something like this: a code would print out on
their receipt with a message about taking the survey and getting $5 off
their next meal. 2x daily the POS system would feed the PBX/IVR system
(or some middleware system/db) a list of checks/code combinations.
The guest would call the phone number, enter the code that was on their
check(which would have been uploaded to the pbx/ivr system), take a
survey about the restaurant(cleanliness, speed of service, etc) then be
able to potentially leave a voice message at the end. Then, the code
would be sent back to the POS as taken so it could be used as a coupon.
The guest would bring their prior check back to the restaurant with
the code which could be looked up as a valid coupon taken.

That is the gist of what I'm trying to do. The POS(point of sale) side
and integration layer I can handle, but it seems that finding any
information (or even an overview) on pbx/ivr systems is difficult for
some reason as if I could build this I could easily get other clients.
An accessible database would be important on the pbx/ivr side.

Any help or even a link about this on the web would be great.

 
Reply With Quote
 
shido xavier
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-23-2006
sb wrote:
> I've got a few restaurant clients that are interested in offering a
> phone survey for their guests. This is something my company would like
> to offer them instead of sending the business elsewhere.


Do you have a spare PC?
High speed internet connection?
>
> The process would be something like this: a code would print out on
> their receipt with a message about taking the survey and getting $5 off
> their next meal. 2x daily the POS system would feed the PBX/IVR system
> (or some middleware system/db) a list of checks/code combinations.


> The guest would call the phone number, enter the code that was on their
> check(which would have been uploaded to the pbx/ivr system), take a
> survey about the restaurant(cleanliness, speed of service, etc) then be
> able to potentially leave a voice message at the end. Then, the code
> would be sent back to the POS as taken so it could be used as a coupon.
> The guest would bring their prior check back to the restaurant with
> the code which could be looked up as a valid coupon taken.
>
> That is the gist of what I'm trying to do. The POS(point of sale) side
> and integration layer I can handle, but it seems that finding any
> information (or even an overview) on pbx/ivr systems is difficult for
> some reason as if I could build this I could easily get other clients.
> An accessible database would be important on the pbx/ivr side.
>
> Any help or even a link about this on the web would be great.
>


Can your POS post to a mysql server ?

Asterisk can pull the data out of the mysql server when an 8xx number or
local number connected to Asterisk answers and the customer inputs
whatever number combination you're looking for and ask the prerecorded
questions in IVR form.

If you can post to mysql you're looking at about a few hrs of setup if
you already have a spare PC and broadband connection.

How many simultaneous calls do expect?

-sx

IM: (E-Mail Removed)
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jonathan Roberts
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-23-2006

"shido xavier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:QM8Lf.55082$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can your POS post to a mysql server ?
>
> Asterisk can pull the data out of the mysql server when an 8xx number or
> local number connected to Asterisk answers and the customer inputs
> whatever number combination you're looking for and ask the prerecorded
> questions in IVR form.


Can you elaborate on the above? I am curious if this functionality is built
into Asterisk or would require some programming knowledge?

Thank you,

Jonathan


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Free Phone to Phone Calling.. From any phone to any other anywhere coolguy17111987 VOIP 0 07-01-2007 07:27 AM
Free Phone to Phone Calling.. From any phone to any other anywhere coolguy17111987 Cisco 0 07-01-2007 07:27 AM
Quality low cost broadband phone & PC to Phone services John Cisco 0 05-19-2005 03:27 PM
[IP PHONE] Using IVR to display/prompt on the phone Chu Cisco 1 01-21-2004 10:21 PM
[IP Phone 7960] Prompt for code after phone number is entered Chu Cisco 2 01-14-2004 04:07 PM



Advertisments