Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Adding custom options to DHCP scope

Adding custom options to DHCP scope

hal@nospam.com

I need to add custom options to a predefined DHCP scope for our Mitel
phones on Windows 2003 server. I've done this once before but
misplaced my notes during our move. I can go into DHCP scope options
and see and edit all the options but even in advanced there is no "add
new". Can someone point me in right direction?

thanks

Hal

dave Admin

In the DHCP console expand the scope, there should be a "Scope Options"
icon. Right click and select Configure Options
The options show up in a dialog box. When you actually select an option you
will be able to fill in the parameters

daveM

news(E-Mail Removed)...

ypalacios@artinmotion.com

dave Admin wrote:
> In the DHCP console expand the scope, there should be a "Scope Options"
> icon. Right click and select Configure Options
> The options show up in a dialog box. When you actually select an option you
> will be able to fill in the parameters
>
> daveM
>

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I need to add custom options to a predefined DHCP scope for our Mitel
> > phones on Windows 2003 server. I've done this once before but
> > misplaced my notes during our move. I can go into DHCP scope options
> > and see and edit all the options but even in advanced there is no "add
> > new". Can someone point me in right direction?
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > Hal

I have followed these instructions only to find that when I delete and
add a predefined option, 132 and 133 which I must change for my Mitel
phones, the options revert back to their default setting when the scope
is restarted, any thoughts?

ypalacios@artinmotion.com

dave Admin wrote:
> In the DHCP console expand the scope, there should be a "Scope Options"
> icon. Right click and select Configure Options
> The options show up in a dialog box. When you actually select an option you
> will be able to fill in the parameters
>
> daveM
>

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I need to add custom options to a predefined DHCP scope for our Mitel
> > phones on Windows 2003 server. I've done this once before but
> > misplaced my notes during our move. I can go into DHCP scope options
> > and see and edit all the options but even in advanced there is no "add
> > new". Can someone point me in right direction?
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > Hal

I have followed these instructions only to find that when I delete and
add a predefined option, 132 and 133 which I must change for my Mitel
phones, the options revert back to their default setting when the scope
is restarted, any thoughts?

gsingle gsingle is offline
Junior Member

This is only a problem on Windows 2003, MS fixed this by removing tags 132-136 from Windows 2003 R2.

You can remove the predefined tags 132 and 133 (134-136 as well, if you like) as follows:

1. Export the DHCP database to a text file using the command - netsh dhcp server dump > c:\test.txt
2. Edit the text file by removing the references to 132 and 133 options
3. Save the changes made to the text file.
4. Stop DHCP Server
5. Rename the old DHCP database file dhcp.mdb to dhcp.old. The file is stored in %systemroot%\system32\dhcp
6. Restart the DHCP server
7. Import the edited text file with the command - netsh exec c:\test.txt
8. Stop the DHCP server
9. Run jetpack on the new database - jetpack dhcp.mdb temp.mdb
10. Restart the DHCP server.

Then you can add the Mitel tags as you require.

Graham