Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Register an account with Voipbuster etc. without Windows?

Register an account with Voipbuster etc. without Windows?

Georg Schwarz

Can one create an account with Voipbuster.com, Voipcheap.co.uk,
voipstunt.com, or netappel.com without using their MS-Windows-based
Software?

--
Georg Schwarz http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) +49 178 8545053

Jono

Georg Schwarz wrote:
|| Can one create an account with Voipbuster.com, Voipcheap.co.uk,
|| voipstunt.com, or netappel.com without using their MS-Windows-based
|| Software?
|| --
|| Georg Schwarz http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
|| (E-Mail Removed) +49 178 8545053

Not that I'm aware of.

BlueRinse

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 00:59:34 +0100, Georg Schwarz wrote:

> Can one create an account with Voipbuster.com, Voipcheap.co.uk,
> voipstunt.com, or netappel.com without using their MS-Windows-based
> Software?

You can create the account using their software and then use the account
without their software, but I guess you have to usse the Windows phone
once to register.

I received a recent mailing from voicebuster saying they gave everyone a
free local phone number. I put them back on my box and then the next day
there was a message from them saying that the account credit expires in
such and such a time and to put more money in.

Georg Schwarz

BlueRinse <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> You can create the account using their software and then use the account
> without their software, but I guess you have to usse the Windows phone
> once to register.

I suspect that the software does little more for registration than
calling some specific URLs. If these were known one could probably
register with a browser.
--
Georg Schwarz http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
(E-Mail Removed) +49 178 8545053

Franc Zabkar

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 22:36:55 +0100, (E-Mail Removed) (Georg
Schwarz) put finger to keyboard and composed:

>BlueRinse <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> You can create the account using their software and then use the account
>> without their software, but I guess you have to usse the Windows phone
>> once to register.

>I suspect that the software does little more for registration than
>calling some specific URLs. If these were known one could probably
>register with a browser.

FWIW, I haven't been able to get Voipbuster to work with an xTen Lite
softphone although others claim to have done so. Nor have I been
successful with Voipcheap, although both Voipstunt and Sipdiscount are
OK. I notice that all four providers require me to allow server mode
in my firewall settings, but only when using their Win XP software.
Perhaps there's a clue there.

- Franc Zabkar