Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > vonage customer service is a joke

vonage customer service is a joke

kmaqsudi@gmail.com

As of 1/11/2006, vonage has grown so large in their customer base that
they no longer have the means to support thier existing customers. I
have just waited on the phone 35 minutes and 19 seconds to eventually
get cut off. This is a joke!. I am switching to LINGO as they are
said to have excellent customer service. If you don't believe me and
have a little time on your hands, go ahead and call thier support line
that is listed on their website and follow the prompts (all 500 of
them) that lead to customers needing help with a technical issue. You
will be on hold at least 45 minutes before getting to someone. And
when you get someone, it's usually another dept that you will be
transfered to and they can't fix your problem. They open a "ticket'
and tell you it will be fixed in 72 hours. then it doesn't get fixed
and you are in an endless loop with these bastards.

Sara Garland

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> As of 1/11/2006, vonage has grown so large in their customer base that
> they no longer have the means to support thier existing customers.

This is true. After an 'upgrade' to the voicemail system, my password
got reset and I couldn't get my voicemail for 8 weeks! (I accessed my
voicemail by listening to them online.)

I tried to call them, but always ended up hanging up after 20 minutes of
being on hold. Only after two months did a Customer Svce respond to my
emails with the info about the reset #.

Terrible customer service, I agree.

But I remain a Vonage customer, as I've been for over two years, because
otherwise the service has been exemplary.

videobruce

Sounds as you hit the nail on the head. They can't support what the
are selling.

I went with SunRocket

--
videobruce

ukcats4218016@yahoo.com

videobruce wrote:
> Sounds as you hit the nail on the head. They can't support what they
> are selling.
>
> I went with SunRocket.
>

> --
> videobruce

How do you like SunRocket so far? How long have you had it?

videobruce

This auto quote feature in this forum really leaves alot to be desired.
Surely wastes space and makes the posts harder to read.

I got it in Oct/Nov. It's ok, I do get dropped calls and I just ha
the VoIP adapter (they call a "Gizmo") falshed with a firmware upgrad
that is suppose to help reduce this. I guess the biggest drawback i
the slight delay and switching back and forth especially if you use
speakerphone which I do ALL the time. It's hard to carry on a fas
paced 'argument' style conversation (fast paced, back and forth). Fo
the cost difference I will live with it.

I will be 'porting over' my Verizon dial-up land line (POTS) to m
Sunrocket account. I have DSL and unlike what they say, you CAN por
over a DSL line IF you names match exactly on both accounts and you d
it correctly.

I have my DSL billed through my CC direct from Verizon DSL, NOT Verizo
telephone (whatever it is called). My Sunrocket is billed that wa
also.
When all is done (hopefully I will have NO phone bill, but two C
charges a month. $25 for Sunrocket and $33 for Verizon DSL!

I don't make alot of calls and I don't live in the sticks. Phon
service is good in the city and I have access to a dial-up line if
loose DSL or the Voip service.
This was through a recomendation of a friend who I worked for for a fe
years doing business phone/computer network cabling work. He is ver
good and he reserached this.
The other choice is Broadvoice especially for international callin
(free to 20 some countries!!), but Sunrocket is cheaper out of the box
NO charge for anything

--
videobruce

Bill Kearney

> This auto quote feature in this forum really leaves alot to be desired.

Which is entirely dependent on how YOU post to it. Use a better news reader
program.

videobruce

Bill Kearney Wrote:
> Use a better news reader program. "news reader program"???? These are web pages to be read in a browser.

I use Opera which is W3C compliant. None of which has anythging to d
with the 'auto quote' feature.
It takes up unnecessary space. There is no need to quote a previou
post ij the first place. This isn't a large size forum with a hundre
or thousand posts to each thread

--
videobruce