Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > VoIPCheap, VoIPBuster, Windows 98SE

VoIPCheap, VoIPBuster, Windows 98SE

Franc Zabkar

The free softphones that are provided by VoIPCheap and VoIPBuster are
limited to Windows XP. Is there any way I can sign up for one of these
services using an alternative Windows 98SE compatible softphone, eg
Firefly? Or could I sign up using a Win XP system and then export my
personal settings to the other Win98SE softphone?

- Franc Zabkar

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Franc Zabkar:
> The free softphones that are provided by VoIPCheap and VoIPBuster are
> limited to Windows XP. Is there any way I can sign up for one of these
> services using an alternative Windows 98SE compatible softphone, eg
> Firefly? Or could I sign up using a Win XP system and then export my
> personal settings to the other Win98SE softphone?
>
> - Franc Zabkar

SIP Discount and VoIP Stunt, two of their other VoIP Services are accessable
with 3rd party software and ATAs.

--
For 5 when referred to easyMobile contact me via
http://www.south-east-birmingham.tk

molloyjoe@gmail.com

Voipbuster:is also accessible though other sip and iax complient
softphones and ATA's - xTen Lite is my personal favourite for SIP.

Settings:
SIP Proxy:sip.voipbuster.com
Registrar Proxy: sip.voipbuster.com
Username: yourvoipbusterusername
Password: yourvoipbusterpassword
Stun Server: stun.voipbuster.com
Domain/Realm: voipbuster.com

Joe
http://www.hyper-typer.com

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed):
> Voipbuster:is also accessible though other sip and iax complient
> softphones and ATA's - xTen Lite is my personal favourite for SIP.
>
> Settings:
> SIP Proxy:sip.voipbuster.com
> Registrar Proxy: sip.voipbuster.com
> Username: yourvoipbusterusername
> Password: yourvoipbusterpassword
> Stun Server: stun.voipbuster.com
> Domain/Realm: voipbuster.com
>
> Joe
> http://www.hyper-typer.com

I used to have voipbuster working on 3rd party software, and at one time
(before they started charging for UK calls) on my ATA, but recently doesn't
seem to work (for me) with 3rd party software.

Franc Zabkar

On 3 Jan 2006 15:29:25 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) put finger to
keyboard and composed:

>Voipbuster:is also accessible though other sip and iax complient
>softphones and ATA's - xTen Lite is my personal favourite for SIP.

Thanks for that. xTen Lite looks very powerful but I don't see a
direct correlation between its settings and the following ones, eg
"registrar proxy".

>Settings:
>SIP Proxy:sip.voipbuster.com
>Registrar Proxy: sip.voipbuster.com
>Username: yourvoipbusterusername
>Password: yourvoipbusterpassword
>Stun Server: stun.voipbuster.com
>Domain/Realm: voipbuster.com
>
>Joe
>http://www.hyper-typer.com

While I'm waiting for a friend to sign me up with the various
providers, I've been trying to ping certain addresses. Am I correct in
assuming that VoIPCheap is the only service that will work for me?

ping sip.voipcheap.com

Ping statistics for 83.138.183.72:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss)

ping stun.voipcheap.com

Ping statistics for 83.138.183.72:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss)

ping voipcheap.com

Ping statistics for 83.138.183.72:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss)

ping sip.voipbuster.com

Ping statistics for 213.61.187.157:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss)

ping stun.voipbuster.com

Ping statistics for 213.61.187.150:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss)

ping voipbuster.com

Ping statistics for 83.138.175.214:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss)

ping sip.voipstunt.com

Ping statistics for 194.221.62.211:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss)

ping stun.voipstunt.com
Unknown host stun.voipstunt.com.

ping voipstunt.com

Ping statistics for 83.138.185.216:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss)

ping sip1.sipdiscount.com

Ping statistics for 194.221.62.201:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss)

ping stun.sipdiscount.com

Ping statistics for 213.61.187.150:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss)

ping sipdiscount.com

Ping statistics for 83.138.185.232:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss)

- Franc Zabkar

molloyjoe@gmail.com

I wouldn't conclude much from the ping results - it's common practice
for system administrators to disable a server's ability to reply to
ping requests as a security and resources conservation measure.. Have
posted a screenshot of a working VOIPSTUNT configuration on my site at
http://www.hyper-typer.com/voipstunt.htm for you and others.

Joe
www.hyper-typer.com

Franc Zabkar

On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 05:27:20 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
<bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> put finger to keyboard and
composed:

>Thus spaketh (E-Mail Removed):
>> Voipbuster:is also accessible though other sip and iax complient
>> softphones and ATA's - xTen Lite is my personal favourite for SIP.
>>
>> Settings:
>> SIP Proxy:sip.voipbuster.com
>> Registrar Proxy: sip.voipbuster.com
>> Username: yourvoipbusterusername
>> Password: yourvoipbusterpassword
>> Stun Server: stun.voipbuster.com
>> Domain/Realm: voipbuster.com
>>
>> Joe
>> http://www.hyper-typer.com

>I used to have voipbuster working on 3rd party software, and at one time
>(before they started charging for UK calls) on my ATA, but recently doesn't
>seem to work (for me) with 3rd party software.

I'm having the same problem with VoIPBuster and VoIPCheap. SipDiscount
and VoIPStunt are both OK, though. FWIW, I'm currently using xTen
Lite.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

On 6 Jan 2006 01:29:04 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) put finger to
keyboard and composed:

>I wouldn't conclude much from the ping results - it's common practice
>for system administrators to disable a server's ability to reply to
>ping requests as a security and resources conservation measure.

The reason I tried pinging the various providers was that their
websites were extremely unresponsive during the previous day.

> Have
>posted a screenshot of a working VOIPSTUNT configuration on my site at
>http://www.hyper-typer.com/voipstunt.htm for you and others.

Thanks, but that's a voipbuster screenshot, not voipstunt. Anyway, I
managed to get voipstunt working without settings for "authorization
user" or "out bound proxy".

As for voipbuster, xTen Lite was unable to register using the settings
you provided.

This is what I found in the diagnostic log:

PROXY#3: 213.61.187.146:5060

PROXY#3: 213.61.187.147:5060

PROXY#3: 213.61.187.156:5060

PROXY#3: 213.61.187.157:5060

OUTBOUND-PROXY#3: 213.61.187.150:5060

SEND TIME: 3637914
SEND >> 213.61.187.150:5060
REGISTER sip:voipbuster.com SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.1.1.3:5060;rport;branch=some_string
From: Franc <sip:(E-Mail Removed)>;tag=some_num_stri ng
To: Franc <sip:(E-Mail Removed)>
Contact: "Franc" <sip:my_username@10.1.1.3:5060>
Call-ID: (E-Mail Removed)
CSeq: 6629 REGISTER
Expires: 1800
Max-Forwards: 70

RECEIVE TIME: 3638363
RECEIVE << 213.61.187.150:5060
SIP/2.0 403 Forbidden
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP
10.1.1.3:5060;branch=some_string;received=59.167.9 .67;rport=50116
From: Franc <sip:(E-Mail Removed)>;tag=some_num_stri ng
To: Franc <sip:(E-Mail Removed)>;tag=some_num_stri ng
Call-ID: some_string
CSeq: 6629 REGISTER

I notice that XTen Lite is reporting my LAN IP address (10.1.1.3)
rather than my WAN IP (59.167.9.67):

Contact: "Franc" <sip:my_username@10.1.1.3:5060>

The corresponding entry for voipstunt is:

Contact: "Franc" <sip:my_username@59.167.9.67:5060>

- Franc Zabkar