Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Calling netlist module in a design

Calling netlist module in a design

williams

Hello Guys,
How do i call an IP core which is avaiable in netlist form in my design.
Can some one please tell me call the module.

Thanks and regards
Williams

Jim Wu

> Hello Guys,
> How do i call an IP core which is avaiable in netlist form in my design.
> Can some one please tell me call the module.

You don't "call" the module. You instantiate it. e.g.

ip_core core_inst0 (port connection goes here...);

HTH,
Jim

Mohammed A khader

Hi Williams,

It goes like this...

library lib_name ; -- Name of the library where IP Core is
use lib_name package_name ; -- name of the package where the
component interface is defined

Later in the architecture body you can instantiate it ....

U1 : ip_core_name
port map ( .........);

Mohammed A khader.