Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Cisco 7940/7960 and NAT using SIP

Cisco 7940/7960 and NAT using SIP

Brandonb

Anyone know of a way to get the Cisco phones to communicate with the
TFTP server or register through a NAT, like any regular broadband
router? All the Polycoms I've tested seem to work perfectly even through
multiple NATs with no special configuration of any kind but I'll be
damned if I can even get port forwarding to work for the Cisco phones.
They won't even show up in Sylantro ComManager for registration.

Thanks,
Brandonb