Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Cordia VOIP ?

Cordia VOIP ?

Moe

http://www.cordiaip.com/
I never heard of them either, but I signed up with Cordia for VOIP four
months ago. It was the only VOIP I found avalible for my area code.
Plugged the box into the router hooked up a phone and it worked first
time and so far so good, I had an issue with calling out once, e-mailed
the company and they were right on it and had it fixed in a couple of
hours. I dropped my landline phone three months ago. At least a 100
bucks saved so far. I chose the 14.95/mo plan = 500 minutes since I
don't use the phone much. I was getting tired of the phone company and
the government tacking on taxes and fees, special services etc. seemed
like something new every month. My basic phone service was supposed to
be under 18 dollars a month plus 5 dollars a month for 200 minutes of
LD, but after everything was added on it was consistanly over 40 dollars
a month.
The only difference I've noticed is when dialing out, it takes a
while for the answering party's phone to start ringing. Is this common
with all or most VOIP?
Also I use cable modem Cox, I've read something about deep packet
searching and that some internet providers may move to restrict VOIP in
the future, since Cox doesn't offer VOIP in this city I'm not to worried
but curious if this might be a problem in the future.
Also curious how secure VOIP is? If a person gives their credit card
number or bank account number using a VOIP is it secure?
All in all, changing to VOIP, I'd do it again and I can't say that
for a lot of things I've done. I expect the government to start taxing
VOIP eventually, they will find a way, they always do. In the meantime
I enjoy not paying those damn taxes every month for what little I use
the phone.
I've been following CORG for a while and thinking of maybe investing
a little in the stock. Anyone know anything about this company.

Jim Holcomb

On 2005-12-11, Moe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
<snip>
> The only difference I've noticed is when dialing out, it takes a
> while for the answering party's phone to start ringing. Is this common
> with all or most VOIP?

</snip>

Try adding a "#" after the last digit in the phone number you dial if
you're dialing a 7 digit number.

Jim

Moe

Jim Holcomb wrote:
> On 2005-12-11, Moe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> The only difference I've noticed is when dialing out, it takes a
>>while for the answering party's phone to start ringing. Is this common
>>with all or most VOIP?

> </snip>
>
> Try adding a "#" after the last digit in the phone number you dial if
> you're dialing a 7 digit number.
>
> Jim

Thanks,
Funny thing happened the other day, my neighbor with a wire line
came over to use my phone to call the phone company because his phone
line had quit.

gudines gudines is offline
Junior Member

I bought SIPURA SPA-2002 from CORDIA and I want to change the ADMIN Password.

How do I unlock it?

I wait your help.

Thanks
Rodrigo