Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Thinking about voip...a couple of questions

Thinking about voip...a couple of questions

Vox Humana

"Marc Popek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Sn9lf.10869$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> vox,
>
> what you say is true about the combine-a-line, the outbound is not

defaulted
> to a specific line out for outbound...
>
> Upgrade is planned to address this issue........

I would like to see a default setting and the ability to select a line
remotely. For instance, it would be nice to be able to press the * or #
button and change from one line to the other. The device did allow me to
use all my single line phones with both ports on my ATA, it just didn't
function the way I assumed it would.

LVMarc

The Other Mike wrote:
> So then I'm taking this to mean that the answer for both 1 and 2 is no
> unless I keep my existing local service and add this switch. Correct?
>
> On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 20:01:29 GMT, "Marc Popek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Perhaps you should keep at LEAST ONE PSTN LINE CONNECTIN. AND USAE A CLT
>>SWITCH HERE, TO AUTO SWITCH AND ROUTE BETWEEN THE TWO LINE SOUCES?
>>

>>marc
>>
>>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1
>>
>>"The Other Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>
>>>Looking at signing up with SunRocket for VOIP but have 2 concerns.
>>>
>>>1. Will my ADT alarm still work? I know the alarm itself will but is
>>>there a way to still have it contact ADT when there's an issue?
>>>
>>>2. I own 2 older Panasonic Replay units (like Tivo) that dial out and
>>>download channel guides each night...no option to use broadband. Will
>>>these units still be able to dial out if I got VOIP?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...E%3AIT&rd=1new
shippment

COMBINE-A-LINE IMAGINE

.1=2

Ever wish you could use your favorite single-line telephone, answering
machine, or PC Modem on TWO phone lines?. Automatically?

OR

How about joining your VOIP port and the plain old (PSTN) telephone
jack into a single handset?

OR

How about joining TWO VOIP ports into a single handset, answering
machine, or PC Modem?

USE a CLT to join a card card acceptor and your single line telephone as
well!

OR

see if anybody picks-up, on another line trunk, after you are already
in a call??? A visual real-time security feedback feature!

Combine-A-Line (CLT) allows two separate calls from two different lines
to be directed to your single line telephone equipment or PC.
Centralizing and PROTECTING (SURGE PROTECTION INSIDE) your communication
equipment for your home office or for the family