Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > What do you think about Skypho?

What do you think about Skypho?

Iro5

Call everyone, everywhere, for free, using Voip on your Internet
Broadband connection.

By registering without charge to the Skypho network, you get a
telephone number, with your City prefix, that is immediately reachable
by any other telephone.

You can call using your computer, either using any telephone or Voip
Gateway compatible with the SIP protocol.

For further information, please visit:
www.skypho.net

VoIP Skinny

Quote from the Skypho website...

"The Skypho network is a project born from the deranged minds..."

Scary!

Iro5 wrote:
> Call everyone, everywhere, for free, using Voip on your Internet
> Broadband connection.
>
> By registering without charge to the Skypho network, you get a
> telephone number, with your City prefix, that is immediately reachable
> by any other telephone.
>
> You can call using your computer, either using any telephone or Voip
> Gateway compatible with the SIP protocol.
>
> For further information, please visit:
> www.skypho.net

Telephoneman

"VoIP Skinny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsvkef.15397$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Quote from the Skypho website...
>
> "The Skypho network is a project born from the deranged minds..."
>
> Scary!
>

> Iro5 wrote:
>> Call everyone, everywhere, for free, using Voip on your Internet
>> Broadband connection.
>>
>> By registering without charge to the Skypho network, you get a
>> telephone number, with your City prefix, that is immediately reachable
>> by any other telephone.
>>
>> You can call using your computer, either using any telephone or Voip
>> Gateway compatible with the SIP protocol.
>>
>> For further information, please visit:
>> www.skypho.net

Tried registering. To put your address in you choose from a long list of
countries - unfortunately the UK wasn't one of them! I've e-mailed them
about it so we'll see what happens...

Martin²

Have the Skype / Ebay lawyers been in touch yet ?
Only matter of time....
Regards,
Martin

DevilsPGD

In message <ovkef.15397$(E-Mail Removed)> VoIP Skinny
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Quote from the Skypho website...
>
>"The Skypho network is a project born from the deranged minds..."
>
>Scary!

Sounds like a good thing to me.

--
In case of accidental ingestion, consult a mortician.

Georg Schwarz

Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Have the Skype / Ebay lawyers been in touch yet ?
> Only matter of time....

Speaking of Skype/Ebay, there was a paging service called Skyper in
Germany in the 1990s (not too successful as GSM quickly became popular).
They still seem to be active as a brand; try http://www.skyper.de

--
Georg Schwarz http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) +49 178 8545053

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Telephoneman:
> "VoIP Skinny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsvkef.15397$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Quote from the Skypho website...
>>
>> "The Skypho network is a project born from the deranged minds..."
>>
>> Scary!
>>

>> Iro5 wrote:
>>> Call everyone, everywhere, for free, using Voip on your Internet
>>> Broadband connection.
>>>
>>> By registering without charge to the Skypho network, you get a
>>> telephone number, with your City prefix, that is immediately
>>> reachable by any other telephone.
>>>
>>> You can call using your computer, either using any telephone or Voip
>>> Gateway compatible with the SIP protocol.
>>>
>>> For further information, please visit:
>>> www.skypho.net
>>>

> Tried registering. To put your address in you choose from a long list
> of countries - unfortunately the UK wasn't one of them! I've e-mailed
> them about it so we'll see what happens...

They have updated the countries list. The UK was on there when you tried,
just that it was in Italian, however now it is in English.

The J-Man

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
> Thus spaketh Telephoneman:
>
>>"VoIP Skinny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>newsvkef.15397$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>
>>>Quote from the Skypho website...
>>>
>>>"The Skypho network is a project born from the deranged minds..."
>>>
>>>Scary!

> They have updated the countries list. The UK was on there when you tried,
> just that it was in Italian, however now it is in English.

Do they have phone numbers anywhere besides Italy & Romania?

:J-Man