Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > skype enabled ata / usb to RJ11 device in India

skype enabled ata / usb to RJ11 device in India

jariwalakrunal@gmail.com

hi,

i want to know if any company selling skype enabled ata or usb to rj11
device in India which can be used for making skype calls directly from
regular phone.

if u know, pls give me link to their website / their contact add.

thanks
krunal

Martin²

Skype is merely P2P software, it doesn't work without a computer. At best
you can attach a 'sort of phone' to the computers USB port.

To work directly from an ethernet port you need an ATA (analog telephone
adapter) that works with the SIP standard, but you can't call Skype users
(except via Skype- in).
Regards,
Martin

jariwalakrunal@gmail.com

thanks martin,

can u guide me as which of the company selling this kinds of phones in
india,
i've tried to find out but yet, not a single company is selling this
kinds of phone in india.

thanks
krunal

H@rro

<(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> thanks martin,
>
> can u guide me as which of the company selling this kinds of phones in
> india,
> i've tried to find out but yet, not a single company is selling this
> kinds of phone in india.

check ebay.com and search for ATA

//H

Aman

Ebay would not be a good option as geting an ata shipped all the way to
india would prove costly,try locating a cisco ata or any other ATA in
computer market in india or contact a voip provider like net2phone in
india,they provide ata to customer ,U can pay them for the ata .Also
you can use FWD and call any other user FWD user in the same sip
domain.but not a pstn phone.Like a yahoo to yahoo pc call.

thanks
Aman

Aman

I forgot to add this

http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...Pr4_PcY_BIN_IT

sipura ATA is availabe in INDIA.Check out the above link.Little costly
though.

jariwalakrunal@gmail.com

thanks aman, i'll look for it