Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Some questions - beginner

Some questions - beginner

Pawel S

Hello!

Is it possible that I can do VoIP server on home computer with public IP
? I read some articles and they said "yes, it is possible". I'm confused
because I don't know which technology I must use.I ask there because I
have project for university and my teacher suggest that I'll write
simple application client/server VoIP using C# or Java.
I noticed that protocol SIP will be popular for next years. I tried find
free library and I found:

http://simp.mitre.org/ - I did not test it, but its written on old RFC
2543. When I review rfc - actually rfc is 3261 - true ?

https://jain-sip.dev.java.net/ - its a little old, about 2001 year.

Can anybody help me with choice which library can I use ? Maybe jain is
good ? I have some experience (about 1 year with programming in java, I
know good basis).

Greeting Paul

EventHelix.com

You could setup Asterix:

http://www.asterisk.org/

--
EventStudio System Designer 2.5 - http://www.EventHelix.com/EventStudio
Telecom System Design and Call Flow Modeling Tool

Pawel S

EventHelix.com wrote:
> You could setup Asterix:
>
> http://www.asterisk.org/

Hmm I don't find information about that it may run without required
hardware phone. Is it possible ? My idea is that I run server VoIP (SIP)
and I write application to connect via software VoIP with others persons.

Thanks for help.

Greetings Paul

Klaus Alexander Seistrup

Pawel S wrote:

>> http://www.asterisk.org/

> Hmm I don't find information about that it may run without required
> hardware phone. Is it possible ? My idea is that I run server VoIP
> (SIP) and I write application to connect via software VoIP with
> others persons.

You can interconnect any SIP or IAX application, hardware or software,
with Asterisk.

Cheers,

--
Klaus Alexander Seistrup
Magnetic Ink, Copenhagen, Denmark

Pawel S

Klaus Alexander Seistrup napisał(a):

>>Hmm I don't find information about that it may run without required
>>hardware phone. Is it possible ? My idea is that I run server VoIP
>>(SIP) and I write application to connect via software VoIP with
>>others persons.

> You can interconnect any SIP or IAX application, hardware or software,
> with Asterisk.

Thanks for help.

Greetings Paul