Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Vonage Caller ID Problems

Vonage Caller ID Problems

brubergny

I'm a recently new customer to Vonage. Approx. 3 weeks ago, th
caller ID stopped working. Previously it was working fine and
great enhancement to the service. I've now contacted custome
service a couple of times and keep getting the same answer that the
are working to correct the problem. Anyone else having this problem

peterbang@gmail.com

I have the same problem. It started out fine for about 2 months and
then all of a sudden, most of the calls we receive, nothing shows up on
the call ID. It's interesting how once in a while some numbers show up
though.

I emailed the tech support and so far, they haven't contacted me about
it yet. When I signed up for Vonage, I did read that their customer
service wasn't the greatest so I'm not surprised...
I'm going to give them a call right now.

brubergny wrote:
> I'm a recently new customer to Vonage. Approx. 3 weeks ago, the
> caller ID stopped working. Previously it was working fine and a
> great enhancement to the service. I've now contacted customer
> service a couple of times and keep getting the same answer that they
> are working to correct the problem. Anyone else having this problem?

peterbang@gmail.com

Vonage caller ID not working!

brubergny wrote:
> I'm a recently new customer to Vonage. Approx. 3 weeks ago, the
> caller ID stopped working. Previously it was working fine and a
> great enhancement to the service. I've now contacted customer
> service a couple of times and keep getting the same answer that they
> are working to correct the problem. Anyone else having this problem?

vonageuser vonageuser is offline
Junior Member

The problem seems to lie within the simulring, especially if you are ringing more than 1 number (up to 5 numbers are allowed). To fix the problem, I logged into my vonage account and disabled the simulring. I waited 1 minute and did a test call to my vonage number. The caller ID appeared as it did in the past. I then logged back into my vonage account and enabled the simulring once again. Everything is working again. My guess is a call came in and some how jammed up the caller id functionality and that "rogue" call never released causing the caller ID not to work. By disabling the simulring I am guessing that forced a release (much like a disconnect command for a modem) which then caused the caller ID functionality to function again. Hope this helps.