Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Music On Hold (Live Feed to CallManager)

Music On Hold (Live Feed to CallManager)

kyaw3000@gmail.com

I'd like to use a multicast audio stream option instead of sound card
option.

I found following document on cisco website which tricked audio stream
by manipulating TTL.
But I could not find a way to make TTL to 1 for multicast stream from
CallManager.

On top of that, I've an unpleasant experience with the way IOS handle
the packets when TTL reaches 0. Basically, all the packets with TTL 0
are process-switches which make CPU very unhappy. I'm talking about
6500 with Sup-720 with moderate amount of traffic.

Anyway, I wonder if someone already had success with Music-On-Hold with
live audio streaming feed (not with an external sound card) either in
a lab or in production.

Thanks in advance.

Links

1. Music-On-Hold using live audio stream Doc from cisco.com

(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...html#wp1043752)