Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > VoIP software for OSX that connects to Meridian 1 PBX

VoIP software for OSX that connects to Meridian 1 PBX

Alex

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of a VoIP softphone that will connect to a Nortel
Meridian 1 PBX system? I currently use the Nortel i2050 Softphone on
Windows but I need something that works similar on OSX. I don't know
if Nortel uses SIP or H232, but I'm trying to find out. The i2050
Softphone software only has Servertype set as 'Meridian 1' if that
helps identify what protocol it uses.

Thanks --

Sam

abomb

All Nortel phones, including the i2050, use the Nortel proprietry
UNIStim protocol for signalling. If you have the appropriate hardware
& licensing on your M1 (ie, signalling servers & ip licenses) I don't
see why you couldn't use an OSX SIP or H.323 phone.