Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Sipura SPA-3000 refuses to hear any telephone key presses

Sipura SPA-3000 refuses to hear any telephone key presses

Frank Tarczynski

I have now had my second SPA-3000 fail in less than 6 months.

It absolutely refuses to recognize any key-presses on the telephone on
the Phone port. This leaves me with no way to get to the IVR or reset
the unit. It also leaves me with no way to dial-out using the attached
phone.

I've verified the cables, powered-off and powered-on, reflashed the
firmware, and downloaded back-up configurations several times over the
past few days and still nothing.

The web interface works just fine but still leaves me with no way to
reset the unit.

Anyone have any ideas before I send this replacement back too?

Frank

Ivor Jones

"Frank Tarczynski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:VufTe.7871$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net
> I have now had my second SPA-3000 fail in less than 6
> months.
> It absolutely refuses to recognize any key-presses on the
> telephone on the Phone port. This leaves me with no way
> to get to the IVR or reset the unit. It also leaves me
> with no way to dial-out using the attached phone.
>
> I've verified the cables, powered-off and powered-on,
> reflashed the firmware, and downloaded back-up
> configurations several times over the past few days and
> still nothing.
> The web interface works just fine but still leaves me
> with no way to reset the unit.
>
> Anyone have any ideas before I send this replacement back
> too?
> Frank

Does the web interface not give you a factory reset option..?

Have you contacted Sipura tech support..? They are usually very helpful,
although I've not had a serious problem with my 2000.

Ivor