Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Music on hold - PAP2 NA

Music on hold - PAP2 NA

Vox Humana

I have the Linksys PAP2 NA. The unit came with virtually NO documentation.
Someone pointed me to the Sipura 2000 for more information and that has been
a great source. Someone recently told me that when I put them on hold, they
hear music. I don't have a MOH server specified in the configuration. I
can find nothing about this in the Sipura docs or from a Google search.

Does anyone know how this works? I assume that the music is being supplied
by the PAP2 rather than my VOIP provider.

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Vox Humana:
> I have the Linksys PAP2 NA. The unit came with virtually NO
> documentation. Someone pointed me to the Sipura 2000 for more
> information and that has been a great source. Someone recently told
> me that when I put them on hold, they hear music. I don't have a MOH
> server specified in the configuration. I can find nothing about this
> in the Sipura docs or from a Google search.
>
> Does anyone know how this works? I assume that the music is being
> supplied by the PAP2 rather than my VOIP provider.

Some VOIP providers offer MOH.