Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > voip over adsl?

voip over adsl?

jariwalakrunal@gmail.com

hello,

i'm having 256 kbps adsl connection from dataone bsnl.

i want to setup voip phone upon it & also want to share the same
connection between three pc, currently working on only one.

i'm having adsl modem installed by service providor.

what kinds of equipments do i need to do sharing as well as having voip
calls using regular phones.

do i need to have purchase regular voip router which can also share
connection, or do i need to have specific differnt one for ADSL.?

does it work with existing adsl modem or does i have to change it?

i'll look foreward for any reply.

thanks in advance
krunal

Sekhar

Look at
http://www.zoom.com/graphics/datashe...V_09455565.pdf

You may lookup for similar devices which combine "ADSL Modem + VOIP + 4
port Router"

If I were you, I would go for a cheap router
(http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...ct_code=298420)
and SPA 2000.

This one has a router and VOIP
http://store.voxilla.com/customer/pr...52&cat=0&page=

Just VOIP
http://store.voxilla.com/customer/pr...50&cat=0&page=

ADSL Modem + Router
http://www.superwarehouse.com/Hawkin...AR11A/p/298909

There may be several such ones available in the market BUT DONT BELIEVE
THEY ARE AVAILABLE IN INDIA

Cheers!

Sekhar.