Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Voipbuster & sjphone

Voipbuster & sjphone

mmx2

Hi there, can someone tell me how i can make sjphone to work with m
voipbuster account ? (www.voipbuster.com)

I think i have done everything right, i can ring out with it, but whe
someone pick ups the phone i cant hear him and he cant listen to me

The main connection is there, but no voice transmission ? Why ? Wha
am i doing wrong ?

Im using XP home edition on my machin

When i do use the voipbuster program it works fine not 100% but 60%
Do someone else olso have the problem where the voice do disaperes i
2-4 seconds and so on

MMX

MM

Stephen Todd

mmx2 wrote:
> Hi there, can someone tell me how i can make sjphone to work with my
> voipbuster account ? (www.voipbuster.com)
>
> I think i have done everything right, i can ring out with it, but when
> someone pick ups the phone i cant hear him and he cant listen to me ?
>

> The main connection is there, but no voice transmission ? Why ? What
> am i doing wrong ?
>
> Im using XP home edition on my machine
>
> When i do use the voipbuster program it works fine not 100% but 60%.
> Do someone else olso have the problem where the voice do disaperes in
> 2-4 seconds and so on ?
>
> MMX2
>
> MMX

There are several possible things: basically NAT and codecs.

Have you tried the phone with some other service provider (eg
voipuser.org or fwd)? You can sign up with them for free and do some
things, and their SIP systems seem to be much more stable/sensible than
Voipbuster's. [alas, they don't have the same free calls] If those
are working, you probably have the firewall etc set up OK. If you can't
get those to work, you need to look into NAT/firewall issues. (I have
found so far that with NAPT you don't need STUN and all those
complications.)

The most likely problem from my recent experience is the codec choice.
Voipbuster seems to negotiate use of codecs it then can't honour; and
then give a '403 forbidden' return code. I have restricted my codecs to
G711a and G711u on a Grandmaster 486 and that worked for me. I haven't
tried sjphone with Voipbuster (I had instability problems with it even
before I added the Voipbuster dimension)

Look for lots of information on forums at voipuser.org and
http://voxilla.com/user.html

Good luck
Stephen

mmx2

Hi - my sister has a grandmaster 486 on her ip, but she has no
connected it with voipbuster. Can you give me the details how to se
up grandmaster 486 with voipbuster ?

Ma