Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > spartan 3 design projects

spartan 3 design projects

fpgawizz

I am looking for some ideas on doing a final project for my course using
spartan 3 board. I am currently doing a simple RISC processor project
using this board.It has a few instructions that it needs to support.

So i am looking for something a bit more difficult than the one i am doing
right now.
Any suggestions or pointers please?

wamp11 wamp11 is offline
Junior Member

I'm doing the same thing as you were, a final project using spartan 3 board and I'm also looking for any ideas. Could you please let me know of any?

jeppe jeppe is offline
Senior Member
Location: Denmark

Hi both

The Gnome not a perfect CPU, in fact is it real bad - but its easy to understand and could serve as inspiration.

http://www.jjmk.dk/MMMI/Lessons/08_CPUs/Gnome/index.htm

I believe the Mic1 will serve you better: http://www.ontko.com/mic1/

Best regards
Jeppe

Last edited by jeppe; 03-14-2008 at 06:43 AM..