Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > VOIP over Wi-Fi subject to eavesdropping?

VOIP over Wi-Fi subject to eavesdropping?

Steve

I use VOIP (Voicepulse) over my laptop while on the road, connected via
Wi-Fi hotspots.

My question: Are my phone conversations secure over these connections?
I am talking for "all practical purposes", absent CIA or KGB with
advanced technology.

Thanks

Marc Popek

Steve,

the signal is absolute;y there and detectable for rf seeking missiles.
decoding the digital signal would be cake for 3 letter agencies, typical
radio listening would not decode easy... anybody with enough skill to create
a virii, with a modem and directional antenna... may be able to break link
with extended use and extended search time. i.e. guess the seed code game..
marc

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...