Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > X-Lite Telephone - Cisco 2821 Router - Emutel Pro ISDN Line Simulator

X-Lite Telephone - Cisco 2821 Router - Emutel Pro ISDN Line Simulator

0TKN3T

HI,

I am still very new to this technology. All this lab is on an internal
LAN.

X-Lite Software Telephone - 172.16.130.106
Cisco Fast Ethernet - 172.16.130.248
Cisco BRI connected to the ISDN Line Simulator with numbers 384001 and
384002.

I've seen and searched for several scenario's etc. I have a doubt as
some articles quote that I should use a SIP Proxy as well (like OnDo
Sip Proxy) and some quote that the cisco router can do all the routing
/authentication.

Any Idea from where to start such project? Up to now all i managed to
do is configure the router (2821) lines etc, but i dont know what i
should do more regarding VoIP, authentication and all the rest. Does
anyone know of any article/tips or whatever that can help me?

Below is part of the router configuration related to VoIP.

Note: in this particular scenario I was trying to work with a SIP
proxy, but still nothing is working and I am not sure if this is the
correct way I am working.

isdn switch-type basic-net3
!
voice-card 0