Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Grandstream ATA-hardware with several SIP-accounts?

Grandstream ATA-hardware with several SIP-accounts?

Roger Vanderheyden

Hello,

Since a while I'm using a Grandstream HT-286 SIP-adapter. It's working fine,
but it has the limitation that it only can handle 1 SIP-account. I'm using
several SIP-accounts by several registrars (including local phonenumbers in
different countries), but unfortunately the Grandstream equipment can only
handle 1 SIP account. For example, the AVM Fritz!Box Fon
((http://www.avm.de/en/Produkte/FRITZB...e_Details.html)
can handle up to 10 different SIP accounts simultaneous. I know that there
are services like SipSnip.de, which can 'bundle' SIP-accounts, but when the
SipSnip server is down, all SIP-accounts are off-line. It's ofcourse more
secure to configure the SIP-accounts in your own equipment. When one service
went down, the others are working fine. I would like to ask Grandstream
owners, to drop a line at http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) and asking for adding this
feature in the next firmware upgrade. Only if you need this feature ofcourse
. It would be great if we could add +/- 5 SIP accounts to the Grandstream
HT-286 / HT-486 hardware. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Roger Vanderheijden

Paul

You could always find a spare machine and use asterisk.
It can register to limitless numbers of SIP accounts.
Then you get PBX features as well

news:dcapgl$1u5$(E-Mail Removed)1.ov.home.nl...

((http://www.avm.de/en/Produkte/FRITZB...chnische_Detai
ls.html)
> can handle up to 10 different SIP accounts simultaneous. I know that there
> are services like SipSnip.de, which can 'bundle' SIP-accounts, but when

the
> SipSnip server is down, all SIP-accounts are off-line. It's ofcourse more
> secure to configure the SIP-accounts in your own equipment. When one

service
> went down, the others are working fine. I would like to ask Grandstream
> owners, to drop a line at (E-Mail Removed) and asking for adding

this
> feature in the next firmware upgrade. Only if you need this feature

ofcourse
> . It would be great if we could add +/- 5 SIP accounts to the

Grandstream
> HT-286 / HT-486 hardware. Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
>
> Roger Vanderheijden

Enzo Michelangeli

....and, if you use my LCDial.sh script (written for a very inexpensive
platform: OpenWRT), also do Least Cost Routing among providers plus
ENUM lookup for free routes:

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.....sh+AGI+script

Enzo

Paul wrote:
> You could always find a spare machine and use asterisk.
> It can register to limitless numbers of SIP accounts.
> Then you get PBX features as well
>
> "Roger Vanderheyden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:dcapgl$1u5$(E-Mail Removed)1.ov.home.nl...
> > Hello,
> >
> > Since a while I'm using a Grandstream HT-286 SIP-adapter. It's working

> fine,
> > but it has the limitation that it only can handle 1 SIP-account. I'm using
> > several SIP-accounts by several registrars (including local phonenumbers

> in
> > different countries), but unfortunately the Grandstream equipment can only
> > handle 1 SIP account. For example, the AVM Fritz!Box Fon
> >

> ((http://www.avm.de/en/Produkte/FRITZB...chnische_Detai
> ls.html)
> > can handle up to 10 different SIP accounts simultaneous. I know that there
> > are services like SipSnip.de, which can 'bundle' SIP-accounts, but when

> the
> > SipSnip server is down, all SIP-accounts are off-line. It's ofcourse more
> > secure to configure the SIP-accounts in your own equipment. When one

> service
> > went down, the others are working fine. I would like to ask Grandstream
> > owners, to drop a line at (E-Mail Removed) and asking for adding

> this
> > feature in the next firmware upgrade. Only if you need this feature

> ofcourse
> > . It would be great if we could add +/- 5 SIP accounts to the

> Grandstream
> > HT-286 / HT-486 hardware. Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Roger Vanderheijden

ubifone

Dear Roger,

There is an advanced model of Grandstream that allows two phones to be
connected simultaneously, but I wouldn't recommend it since it can affect
the performance at this stage.

You can use it only if you're connected with fast internet and your
internet traffic is not heavy.

You're welcome to visit my site and get know about MoVoIP too.

http://www.uninumber.ubifone.com/

Wish you all the best.
Sam.
-------------------------------------
Roger Vanderheyden wrote:

> Hello,

> Since a while I'm using a Grandstream HT-286 SIP-adapter. It's working
> fine,
> but it has the limitation that it only can handle 1 SIP-account. I'm
> using
> several SIP-accounts by several registrars (including local
> phonenumbers in
> different countries), but unfortunately the Grandstream equipment can
> only
> handle 1 SIP account. For example, the AVM Fritz!Box Fon

((http://www.avm.de/en/Produkte/FRITZB...e_Details.html)

> can handle up to 10 different SIP accounts simultaneous. I know that
> there
> are services like SipSnip.de, which can 'bundle' SIP-accounts, but when
> the
> SipSnip server is down, all SIP-accounts are off-line. It's ofcourse
> more
> secure to configure the SIP-accounts in your own equipment. When one
> service
> went down, the others are working fine. I would like to ask Grandstream

> owners, to drop a line at (E-Mail Removed) and asking for adding
> this
> feature in the next firmware upgrade. Only if you need this feature
> ofcourse
> . It would be great if we could add +/- 5 SIP accounts to the
> Grandstream
> HT-286 / HT-486 hardware. Thanks in advance.

> Regards,

> Roger Vanderheijden

http://www.cabling-design.com/forums
de.comm.internet.telefonie,it.tlc.telefonia.voip,u k.telecom.voip,comp.dcom.voice-over-ip - messages and counting!

Ivor Jones

Paul wrote:
> You could always find a spare machine and use asterisk.
> It can register to limitless numbers of SIP accounts.
> Then you get PBX features as well

The Fritz!Box Fon from AVM (www.avm.de/en) will do what you want, it can
have up to 10 accounts registered at once. It has a built in modem, router
and 2 analogue phone ports, plus a PSTN call-through port.

Ivor
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

RDOC: several related modules in several C files Victor \Zverok\ Shepelev Ruby 3 03-16-2007 04:15 PM
Grandstream ATA-hardware with several SIP-accounts? Roger Vanderheyden UK VOIP 6 07-31-2005 03:21 PM
Grandstream ATA-hardware with several SIP-accounts? Roger Vanderheyden UK VOIP 1 07-29-2005 05:22 PM
Grandstream Phones VoIP Guy VOIP 0 11-12-2003 05:28 AM
grandstream phone review Hugo Drax VOIP 0 10-08-2003 03:41 AM

Advertisments