Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > text recognition software that reads newsgroup messages

text recognition software that reads newsgroup messages

Nospam

I am looking for a text/voice recognition software that can handle reading
php messages in forums, has anybody any recommendations?

thanks

Mats Karlsson

Nospam wrote:
> I am looking for a text/voice recognition software that can handle
> reading php messages in forums, has anybody any recommendations?
>
> thanks

Whitch OS ?

For linux you have festival, http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/.

Robert Spielmann

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 17:43:26 GMT
"Nospam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I am looking for a text/voice recognition software that can handle
> reading php messages in forums, has anybody any recommendations?

You mean a TTS (Text to Speech) system. For Linux environments, there is
the aforementioned Festival, or MBrola (google it).

Cheers
Robert

Nospam

"Robert Spielmann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 17:43:26 GMT
> "Nospam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I am looking for a text/voice recognition software that can handle
> > reading php messages in forums, has anybody any recommendations?

> You mean a TTS (Text to Speech) system. For Linux environments, there is
> the aforementioned Festival, or MBrola (google it).
>
> Cheers
> Robert

it's for windows

Nospam

"Nospam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:FAzte.29833$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Robert Spielmann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 17:43:26 GMT
> > "Nospam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > > I am looking for a text/voice recognition software that can handle
> > > reading php messages in forums, has anybody any recommendations?

> > You mean a TTS (Text to Speech) system. For Linux environments, there is
> > the aforementioned Festival, or MBrola (google it).
> >
> > Cheers
> > Robert

> it's for windows

I am using Mbrola, have installed the voice database, however copying and
pasting text into mbroli.exe or phoplayer.exe or mbredit .exe and trying to
read it out loud just causing a crash, saying file "error in line..." is
there something I am doing wrong?