Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Wide Open West VoIP, Nortel i2004 Internet Phone

Reply
Thread Tools

Wide Open West VoIP, Nortel i2004 Internet Phone

 
 
arachnoman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-02-2005
Ok, I'm a total VoIP noob so bear with me

I just got WOW (Wide Open West) VoIP, the put the modem in my hous
that allows my usual Internet connection and a connection they ran t
my phone lines. VoIP works fine, Internet works fine. I believe
understand how this works, but my question is this

I have a brand new Nortel i2004 Internet Phone that has only a
ethernet input, is there anyway possible to get his phone to work o
my VoIP system? I do have a router and switch on my LAN and ca
easily plug the phone into it, can I configure it for my VoI
service

Second question: How easy is it to "hack" the packets of the VoIP an
intercept the phone calls

Thanks
Bil
Michigan, US

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Onion Knight
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-03-2005
I've only used the i2004 on a Nortel VOIP system. I'm not sure that it
is meant to work with other VOIP setups. I'm also not familiar with how WOW
works either... So far I'm not helping much.
If you have the info about the IP address(es) of their servers, and the
port number that manages SIP signalling, you can play with the phone's setup
options to see if anything happens. In case you don't know how to do this:

Power Cycle the phone.
When you see "Nortel Networks" appear on the display quickly (before "Nortel
Networks" disappears) press the four soft-keys under the display one at a
time from left to right.
You should now be in the setup stage.

Good luck!

--
OK
"arachnoman" <(E-Mail Removed)-spam.invalid> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ok, I'm a total VoIP noob so bear with me.
>
> I just got WOW (Wide Open West) VoIP, the put the modem in my house
> that allows my usual Internet connection and a connection they ran to
> my phone lines. VoIP works fine, Internet works fine. I believe I
> understand how this works, but my question is this.
>
> I have a brand new Nortel i2004 Internet Phone that has only an
> ethernet input, is there anyway possible to get his phone to work on
> my VoIP system? I do have a router and switch on my LAN and can
> easily plug the phone into it, can I configure it for my VoIP
> service?
>
> Second question: How easy is it to "hack" the packets of the VoIP and
> intercept the phone calls?
>
> Thanks,
> Bill
> Michigan, USA
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Onion Knight
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-03-2005
Crap. Sorry about the top posting.

--
OK


 
Reply With Quote
 
Lonewolf
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-04-2005
The i2004, I believe, only works to a Nortel VoIP at this time.
"arachnoman" <(E-Mail Removed)-spam.invalid> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ok, I'm a total VoIP noob so bear with me.
>
> I just got WOW (Wide Open West) VoIP, the put the modem in my house
> that allows my usual Internet connection and a connection they ran to
> my phone lines. VoIP works fine, Internet works fine. I believe I
> understand how this works, but my question is this.
>
> I have a brand new Nortel i2004 Internet Phone that has only an
> ethernet input, is there anyway possible to get his phone to work on
> my VoIP system? I do have a router and switch on my LAN and can
> easily plug the phone into it, can I configure it for my VoIP
> service?
>
> Second question: How easy is it to "hack" the packets of the VoIP and
> intercept the phone calls?
>
> Thanks,
> Bill
> Michigan, USA
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
We are buying: Cisco ADC Nortel Nokia Nortel Fujitsu Lucent Keane1 Cisco 0 11-10-2009 09:05 PM
Re: DSLR lenses not good wide open at wide angle? Dauphin de Viennois Digital Photography 2 07-16-2008 12:29 PM
issues with a Nortel i2004 IP phones over a Contivity VPN solution Ken Gallagher VOIP 1 11-14-2006 05:46 PM
nortel i2004 ip phone cdewitt General Computer Support 1 09-28-2006 04:55 PM
Nortel i2004 -> BCM over VPN Zenofex@gmail.com VOIP 0 11-15-2005 07:32 AM



Advertisments