Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Vonage quality

Vonage quality

sergio Fernandez

I just switch to vonage. when a person calls you using a vonage account, how
is the sound quality?
can they tell the difference from a regualr phone line.

avoidspam@invalid.com

On Thu, 19 May 2005 20:46:17 GMT, "sergio Fernandez"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I just switch to vonage. when a person calls you using a vonage account, how
>is the sound quality?
>can they tell the difference from a regualr phone line.

N o one we have called has ever remarked on it!

John R. Levine

>I just switch to vonage. when a person calls you using a vonage
>account, how is the sound quality? can they tell the difference from
>a regualr phone line.

When I first signed up for Vonage in early 2004 the quality was quite
good, close to a landline. Then it deteriorated to the point that by
early this year more often than not I was utterly unable to understand
the other party.

Multiple attempts to contact Vonage by e-mail and phone were unsuccessful
so I ended up dumping them and switching to Lingo whose service has been
reasonably good.

My connection is a T1 that is not particularly heavily loaded, so I
don't think the problem was at this end.

sergio Fernandez

just a bit concered... just signed up, and when I called to set up my voice
message until the unit arrives.
the qulity of the recording did sound bad, but i will wait until the unit
gets here.

I was trying sunrocket, and the quality of the conversation was great, the
only problem was they took for ever to get incoming calls active.

so, I'm trying vonage.... but, from the recording of my voice message... the
quality of teh play back did seem pretty bad.

I hope the quality is as good as sunrocket once I get the unit.

"John R. Levine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d6jesv$i2a$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I just switch to vonage. when a person calls you using a vonage
> >account, how is the sound quality? can they tell the difference from
> >a regualr phone line.

> When I first signed up for Vonage in early 2004 the quality was quite
> good, close to a landline. Then it deteriorated to the point that by
> early this year more often than not I was utterly unable to understand
> the other party.
>
> Multiple attempts to contact Vonage by e-mail and phone were unsuccessful
> so I ended up dumping them and switching to Lingo whose service has been
> reasonably good.
>
> My connection is a T1 that is not particularly heavily loaded, so I
> don't think the problem was at this end.

sergio Fernandez

actually I set the forward feature, and had someone call me, and its ounded
pretty good.
I think sunrocket may have sounded just a bit better, but the quality is
good.

news:_gcje.230943$(E-Mail Removed)...