Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Help! Problem/conflict with Sipura 1001 and D-link 504G router?

Help! Problem/conflict with Sipura 1001 and D-link 504G router?

ChrisR

Well, I finally have my Sipura 1001 ATA connected to my D-Link DL-504G
router, an account with Gafachi set up. But I have a rather large
problem. Whenever I place a voip call via Gafachi using their end
termination service to the UK, it stone cold kills my router. The ADSL
sync led goes out, all network activity dies and I cannot even access
the router configuration web page via its ip as it just doesn't work
anylonger.

The only fix is to power off the router, restart my computer and then
unplug/re-plug my adsl line and then finally I can get at the config
screen for the router and tell it to reconnect. Next attempt at a voip
call and the same thing happens.

Any idea as to whats going on? Thanks.

Miguel Cruz

ChrisR <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Well, I finally have my Sipura 1001 ATA connected to my D-Link DL-504G
> router, an account with Gafachi set up. But I have a rather large
> problem. Whenever I place a voip call via Gafachi using their end
> termination service to the UK, it stone cold kills my router. The ADSL
> sync led goes out, all network activity dies and I cannot even access
> the router configuration web page via its ip as it just doesn't work
> anylonger.

I had the same problem with a Cisto ATA-186 (or even X-Ten Lite) and the
el-cheapo ZTE router provided by my DSL ISP. My conclusion was that the
router was a piece of crap (and you've got a D-Link, so that conclusion
likely applies), so I bought an SMC Barricade and that's been the end of my
troubles. The SMC has never crashed, VoIP works great, and even my singing
voice is better.

miguel

Martin²

You probably need firmware update for your DL 504G to make it work with
VoIP,
(if there is one). That's fairly normal for 'old' routers.
Regards,
Martin

ChrisR

Well, I updated the firmware on both the ATA and the router and made a
call either....the router didn't lock up after that particular
call...but we shall see how it fares in the future. The call quality
with gafachi to a UK landline was great however. It even improved *my*
singing voice.

Martin² wrote:
> You probably need firmware update for your DL 504G to make it work with
> VoIP,
> (if there is one). That's fairly normal for 'old' routers.
> Regards,
> Martin

Anyone got SIPBroker working on Sipura SPA 1001? Chris Tomlinson UK VOIP 11 06-07-2006 09:16 AM
A solution: Multiple outgoing providers from a single handset on an ATA. eg. linksys / sipura PAP2, SPA-1001 etc. Brian A UK VOIP 0 05-22-2006 08:32 PM
Sipura 1001 problems Glikogen UK VOIP 0 01-13-2006 07:11 PM
Sipura 1001 enableit4u@googlemail.com UK VOIP 7 10-25-2005 05:25 PM
Should I be getting the Sipura SPA-1001 Analog VOIP Adapter? ChrisR VOIP 3 04-29-2005 06:19 AM

Advertisments