Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Taking a VOIP overseas

Taking a VOIP overseas

Carl Navarro

My customer is going to Singapore next month for a week. I'm
wondering, if he takes my Packet8 box with him, will he have US dial
tone in Singapore?

Carl Navarro

Ivor Jones

"Carl Navarro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My customer is going to Singapore next month for a week. I'm
> wondering, if he takes my Packet8 box with him, will he have US dial
> tone in Singapore?
>
> Carl Navarro

Assuming there is a broadband connection available then it should work the
same anywhere.

Ivor

Miguel Cruz

Carl Navarro <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> My customer is going to Singapore next month for a week. I'm
> wondering, if he takes my Packet8 box with him, will he have US dial
> tone in Singapore?

I don't see why not. I live in Malaysia (Singapore's northern neighbor, with
vastly crappier broadband than Singapore) and US-based VoIP works fine for
me here.

Come to think of it, I have used my VoIP box at Singapore airport. Gotta
love those desks with power ports and free ethernet jacks for long layovers.
Plug in the computer and the VoIP box and you've got your whole office set
up in the C concourse at Terminal 1.

miguel