Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Sunrocket gizmo port forwarding

Sunrocket gizmo port forwarding

Sergio Fernandez

I got the sunrocket gizmo, works great,

one problem, I have a web server and when it gets connected past the gizmo,
the site is not reachable?

I can use a router before the gizmo to route it, but for performance of the
voip box, I think it ould be best to have it as teh first device....

question?

I tried doing a port forwarding on the gizmo on port 80 to the web server
put does nto seem to work... has anyone been able to route port requests
from the gizmo to the corresponding machine?

Thanks

Sergio

ukcats4218016@yahoo.com

The gizmo can function either in front of or behind the router. it
shouldn't make much of a difference where it is placed. Wherver it
works best for you is where you should put it. With regards to the
port, you should ask a Sunrocket customer support rep. They are really
friendly and do a good job of answering questions in a timely manner.
Give them a shout and see if they can help you.

sergio Fernandez

I spoke with sun rocket, I will have to put the gizmo behind the router.
and, yeah so far they have been great.

only one issue, currently I'm only able to make outgoing calls, don't have
incomming calls yet active... I hope that feautre does not take long.

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

sergio Fernandez wrote:
> I spoke with sun rocket, I will have to put the gizmo behind the

router.
> and, yeah so far they have been great.
>
> only one issue, currently I'm only able to make outgoing calls, don't

have
> incomming calls yet active... I hope that feautre does not take long.

If I remember correctly, it took between 6-8 days for my incoming calls
to start working. I hardly even think about that now after having been
with SunRocket for awhile. All the benefits have FAR outweighed any
wait I had at the beginning. I hope you have as good an experience as
I have.

sergio Fernandez

6- 8 days... lucky you... I'm still waiting... but again
can't complain... its a great deal.

but, if its not resolved by early next week, it will start to go on for
about 3 weeks and no incoming.
but agina, once its resolved it will be great.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> sergio Fernandez wrote:
> > I spoke with sun rocket, I will have to put the gizmo behind the

> router.
> > and, yeah so far they have been great.
> >
> > only one issue, currently I'm only able to make outgoing calls, don't

> have
> > incomming calls yet active... I hope that feautre does not take long.

> If I remember correctly, it took between 6-8 days for my incoming calls
> to start working. I hardly even think about that now after having been
> with SunRocket for awhile. All the benefits have FAR outweighed any
> wait I had at the beginning. I hope you have as good an experience as
> I have.

ukcats4218016@yahoo.com

You get the incoming calls yet? I figured you would be pretty close to
getting it all setup by now. How do you like the overall service so
far?

sergio Fernandez

no incoming yet......

the service is great, unlimited calls for a great price.....
but the incoming is taking to long to get set up, I'm looking into other
providers
just in case this week goes by and I still have no incoming.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> You get the incoming calls yet? I figured you would be pretty close to
> getting it all setup by now. How do you like the overall service so
> far?

ukcats4218016@yahoo.com

Well, I hope you get your incoming calls sometime soon. Once you get
them, you'll be glad you waited. I've saved almost $500 since I
started using Sunrocket instead of my old landline. It's amazing how
fast the savings start adding up. let me know when you get up and
running.

sergio Fernandez

If I don't have incoming by tomorrow, I'm swiching to vonage.
I rather pay more than wait any longer.

what good is saving $500 if no one can call you. outgoing only line has its
uses, however
its more imporntant for me to get incoming.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Well, I hope you get your incoming calls sometime soon. Once you get
> them, you'll be glad you waited. I've saved almost $500 since I
> started using Sunrocket instead of my old landline. It's amazing how
> fast the savings start adding up. let me know when you get up and
> running.

sergio Fernandez

someday someone will have to explain why it takes so long to get things
working.
it just does not make any sense.