Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Features?

Features?

pquodling@gmail.com

Having been introduced by a friend (who rings regularly from half way
around the world) to VOIP, and Asterix etc. I am excited about the
opportunity, and am amassing the necessary hardware etc to implement
it.

However, some of the "features" listed for asterix at

http://www.asterisk.org/index.php?menu=features

are meaningless to the lay person - does anyone have a translation of
what they mean.

Regards

Peter

Paul

Check out http://www.voip-info.org, click on the asterisk section.
You'll find lots of useful information.
You may also want to take a look at asterisk@home
(http://asteriskathome.sf.net)
It's a single CD package that will install an OS, Asterisk and various other
tools, enough to get a beginner started.

Good luck

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Having been introduced by a friend (who rings regularly from half way
> around the world) to VOIP, and Asterix etc. I am excited about the
> opportunity, and am amassing the necessary hardware etc to implement
> it.
>
> However, some of the "features" listed for asterix at
>
> http://www.asterisk.org/index.php?menu=features
>
> are meaningless to the lay person - does anyone have a translation of
> what they mean.
>
> Regards
>
> Peter

Miguel Cruz

Peter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> However, some of the "features" listed for asterix at
>
> http://www.asterisk.org/index.php?menu=features
>
> are meaningless to the lay person - does anyone have a translation of
> what they mean.

Which ones in particular?

miguel

Rick Merrill

Miguel Cruz wrote:
> Peter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>However, some of the "features" listed for asterix at
>>
>>http://www.asterisk.org/index.php?menu=features
>>
>>are meaningless to the lay person - does anyone have a translation of
>>what they mean.

> Which ones in particular?

"Features" like "Dundi" should not be advertized to users:
I would think that routing issues and methods should be
transparent/invisible to end users.

Zebedee

Don't worry about things like DUNDI. Not relevant to a home or even an
enterprise user.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Zebedee wrote:
> Don't worry about things like DUNDI. Not relevant to a home or even an
> enterprise user.

That is what I said.