Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Connecting VoIP to Home Phone Wiring

Connecting VoIP to Home Phone Wiring

Marc Popek

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1
news:EAsbe.130479$(E-Mail Removed)...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...9294&ssPageNam

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...3850&ssPageNam
> e=STRK:MESE:IT
>
> "David Floyd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > In message of Thu, 21 Apr 2005, BrianEWilliams writes
> > >I have POTS wired through the house. Is it simple to get my VoIP
> > >service to use this wiring? The optimist in me says all I have to do
> > >it turn off POTS, run a wire from the telephone jack on the VoIP
> > >router, and plug it into a telephone wall jack. The realist in me says
> > >this would be way too simple. Any thoughts?
> > >

> > Would it be a good idea to say which country you're in, then you might
> > get the correct answer.
> >
> > I suspect you're in Wales, but you could be in Australia for all we
> > know, and POTS systems in different countries vary.
> >
> > DF

Marc Popek

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1
"Marc H.Popek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:LR_9e.623281$(E-Mail Removed)...
> COMBINE-A-LINE .. Imagine..1=2
>

> Ever wish you could use your favorite single-line telephone, answering
> machine, caller ID or PC Modem on TWO phone lines?.. Automatically?
>
> OR
>
> How about joining your VOIP port and the plain old (PSTN) telephone jack
> into a single handset?
>
> OR
>
> USE a CLT to join a card card acceptor and your single line telephone as
> well!
>
> OR
>

> see if anybody picks-up, on anotheer line trunk, after you are already in

> telco call???
>
> THEN...........................................
>
> Combine-A-Line (CLT) allows two separate calls from two different lines

> be directed to your single line telephone equipment or PC. Centralizing

and
> PROTECTING (SURGE PROTECTION INSIDE) your communication equipment for your
> home office or for the family.
>
> Combine-A-Line supports all services from your telephone company including
> Caller ID. It also has two line surge protectors to make sure that you are
> Protecting your equipment.
>
> Use combine-aline to automatically switch between VOIP and pots (rboc)

plain
> local line, hands free!.
>
> SECURITY of your calls are enhanced because the CLT displays if anybody
> picks -up the line after you are in a call! So, it has security features
> just in case someone is wire tapping or listens in after you are in a

call.

http://vincent.lemoine1.free.fr/tel2...%20for%20windo
> ws%20media.wmv
>
> Answers from previous customers:
>
> A: this unit has many uses. it can combine two analog (regular plain

Jane
> telephone lines) into a common point. This allows you to create a dual

line
> telephone suite(telephone, answering. modem) etc for way less than the

cost
> of a two line phone and two line answering machines and modems don't
> commonly exist. Further, VOIP has become very popular and users gain
> tremendous long distance rates rates, however they don't have a "local
> presence" and often back up the voip with a single plain Jane telephone
> line. the clt will join voip and telco to a signal automatic port for the
> ultimate convience! Plus no power supply or batteries to clutter your
> desktop! Plus all port surge protected to protect you equipment! plus two
> additional universal (I/O) line 1 and line 2 dedicated ports... enabling

an
> even wider array of connection schemes.
>
> A: S&H outside CONUSA (48 USA states) costs more. The tariff diferene
> varies based on exact location. The range is about $1.00 to Canda and
> Mexico, and Hawaii. And is $3.00 to most of EU and Middle eastern

locations.

> A: In coming activity is automatically routed to the auto output port.
>
> A: Out bound activity is automatic. Users can mnaully re-direct any cal

and
> visually confirm which line is in use by observing the LED indication.
>
> A: The unit can be wired into a single telephone jack with the lines (four
> wire connectors) OR there are two additonal , inversal jacks that enable
> physical connnections to different phone access port. For example line 1

on