Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > PRI b-channel LCKO problem between Cisco VOIP Gateway and Nortel 61C

PRI b-channel LCKO problem between Cisco VOIP Gateway and Nortel 61C

CAsniffer@yahoo.com

Hi,
I have a PRI between a Nortel 61c and a Cisco VOIP phone system. It
allows us to 4-digit dial between the two phone systems. The PRI
terminates into a 6608 gateway blade in our 6509 chassis system on one
end and a PRI card in the Nortel (loop2) on the other. Every couple of
months, I would have to disable and re-enable Loop 2 because the
b-channels get locked out. Finding out why the channels go LCKO was not
a big issue at the time because it didn't happen any more often than
the b-channels on two other PRI's.
We recently deployed 7 Cisco VOIP wireless phones in a manufacturing
area with two Cisco access points and now I have to disable and
re-enable Loop 2 every other day. I noticed on my Nortel terminal one
morning an error referencing the loop and the channel and reason 44.
Does anyone know what causes b-channels to LCKO? Does anyone else have
any experience with this type of problem??
Thanks in advance.
CAsniffer

Someone

on the nortel pbx lcko means locked out, another term is high and dry. Which
means the nortel pbx did not see any release messages from the far end.

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...