Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Memory controller

Memory controller

vasudev

Dear Friends,
I wanna start coding a VHDL memory controller. Please, advise, how
to begin........
Thanx,
Vasu.

Christian Schneider

vasudev wrote:
> Dear Friends,
> I wanna start coding a VHDL memory controller. Please, advise, how
> to begin........
> Thanx,
> Vasu.

At first I would try to get the datasheet of the RAM.
Sorry I could not resist

Best regards,
Chris

FMF

Christian Schneider wrote:
> vasudev wrote:
>
>> Dear Friends,
>> I wanna start coding a VHDL memory controller. Please, advise, how
>> to begin........
>> Thanx,
>> Vasu.
>>

> At first I would try to get the datasheet of the RAM.
> Sorry I could not resist
>
> Best regards,
> Chris

I would go farther and get a model of the RAM. You will need to verify
the interface.

Rick

Christian Schneider

FMF wrote:

> I would go farther and get a model of the RAM. You will need to verify
> the interface.

Good idea!

Chris

jandc

I would first decide WHICH type of RAM I'm going to use. Quite a
difference between a SRAM controller and an QDR-RAM controller...