Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > HandyTone 486 VOIP Adaptor 60.50

HandyTone 486 VOIP Adaptor 60.50

GwG

Anyone interested in setting up a VOIP phone.
Voiptalk have the HandyTone 486 VOIP adaptor on offer for 60.50, with free
BT to RJ11 adaptor. Price includes vat, and p&p. This offer is only
available until midnight Sunday 17th. April.
http://www.voiptalk.org/products/Ana...dytone+ATA-486

Stickems.

Am I right in thinking that you plug any phone into this device and then
plug this device into a) your telephone wall socket and B) ???
I am on NTL broadband, is the ??? the modem or a USB socket or what? Does
any software come with the device? Can it be used with 1899?

"GwG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gPe8e.6523$(E-Mail Removed)...
| Anyone interested in setting up a VOIP phone.
| Voiptalk have the HandyTone 486 VOIP adaptor on offer for 60.50, with
free
| BT to RJ11 adaptor. Price includes vat, and p&p. This offer is only
| available until midnight Sunday 17th. April.
| http://www.voiptalk.org/products/Ana...dytone+ATA-486

Ivor Jones

Stickems. wrote:
> Am I right in thinking that you plug any phone into this device and
> then plug this device into a) your telephone wall socket and B) ???
> I am on NTL broadband, is the ??? the modem or a USB socket or
> what? Does any software come with the device? Can it be used with
> 1899?

It connects an analogue phone to an ethernet connection. This can be on an
existing router or the unit can act as a router if you do not already have
one (note not all ATA devices do this but the 486 does). No software
needed, you enter the required parameters (SIP ID, password etc.) into a
web page.

www.sipgate.co.uk has an extensive help file on the ATA-486.

Can't help re. 1899 I'm afraid.

Ivor