Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Getting started guide on implementing VLANs for integrated VOIP and data network

Getting started guide on implementing VLANs for integrated VOIP and data network

hal@nospam.com

We will be purchasing a Mitel 3300 and installing along with a new
switch (Cisco 4507) as part of a move to a new building. I have
pretty good Cisco background but none with QoS and VLANs. I have been
browsing Cisco's site but most docs are getting too deep too fast into
details I don't think I need to know. Can anyone make recommendations
for basic setup instructions for Cisco Catalysts to configure VLANs
for VOIP in a data network?

thanks,

Hal

Mitel Lurker

The 3300 has some documentation either with it or else available from
Mitel's web site entitled "Lan Configuration Guidelines" that will do a
pretty good job pointing you in the right direction. Ask your dealer to
provide it for you if you don't have access.