Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Looking for analogue VoIP adapter with 4x FXS ports

Looking for analogue VoIP adapter with 4x FXS ports

Peter

Can anyone recommend an analogue VoIP adapter, like the Sipura 2100,
but that will accommodate 4 analogue handset (FXS) connections and 1
of more ethernet LAN connections. All to a single WAN connection to my
ADSL feed.

Tim

S. Meinardi

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 11:29:29 +0100, Peter
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Can anyone recommend an analogue VoIP adapter, like the Sipura 2100,
>but that will accommodate 4 analogue handset (FXS) connections and 1
>of more ethernet LAN connections. All to a single WAN connection to my
>ADSL feed.

Mediatrix 1104
Sergio Meinardi - Imperia
AIP # 2271 www.aipnet.it

Peter

>Mediatrix 1104
>Sergio Meinardi - Imperia
>AIP # 2271 www.aipnet.it

Thanks, that would do the job but its very expensive. Do you know of
any cheaper models available now or soon-to-be?

S. Meinardi

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 21:18:50 +0100, Peter
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>Mediatrix 1104

>Thanks, that would do the job but its very expensive. Do you know of
>any cheaper models available now or soon-to-be?

Sorry. no.

Sergio Meinardi - Imperia
AIP # 2271 www.aipnet.it

Vox Humana

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone recommend an analogue VoIP adapter, like the Sipura 2100,
> but that will accommodate 4 analogue handset (FXS) connections and 1
> of more ethernet LAN connections. All to a single WAN connection to my
> ADSL feed.

Why not just get a cheap router from Best Buy (which can be had for around
$20 or less depending on them model and available rebates) and two Linksys
PAP2 adapters? The PAP2 go for about $60 each. An alternative to the PAP2
would be the Sipura SPA2000. The whole set-up will give you four FXS
connections and at least two LAN connections for under $150.

Ivor Jones

Enzo Michelangeli wrote:
> "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Mediatrix 1104
>>> Sergio Meinardi - Imperia
>>> AIP # 2271 www.aipnet.it

>> Thanks, that would do the job but its very expensive. Do you know
>> of any cheaper models available now or soon-to-be?

> Two SPA-2000 plus any ADSL router... Should cost you less than $250.

Provided you can get two independent devices with different IP addresses
to co-exist behind a single router. I can't get two ATA's to work on the
same system unless they are using fixed and separate IP addresses not NAT.

Ivor

Rick Merrill

Ivor Jones wrote:
> Enzo Michelangeli wrote:
>
>>"Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

>>>Thanks, that would do the job but its very expensive. Do you know
>>>of any cheaper models available now or soon-to-be?

>>Two SPA-2000 plus any ADSL router... Should cost you less than $250.

> Provided you can get two independent devices with different IP addresses
> to co-exist behind a single router. I can't get two ATA's to work on the
> same system unless they are using fixed and separate IP addresses not NAT.
>
> Ivor

I will bet that all AT (and ATA) handle TWO lines. Mine does; its a
D-Link "DVG 1120M" and I have an extra one if anybody is interested.

nospam@em.no-ip.com

Ivor Jones wrote:
> Enzo Michelangeli wrote:

[...]
> > Two SPA-2000 plus any ADSL router... Should cost you less
> > than $250.

> Provided you can get two independent devices with different
> IP addresses to co-exist behind a single router. I can't get
> two ATA's to work on the same system unless they are using
> fixed and separate IP addresses not NAT.

Why not NAT? the Sipura devices work quite well behind them. Just use
the NAT router in front of them to redirect two pairs of ports to
different internal IP addresses. Symmetric RTP for SIP and static
redirection of two separate ranges of ports for the media streams over
RTP will also help.

Or, in alternative to NAT, you may use siproxd
(http://siproxd.sourceforge.net/ ) running on the router itself as
middleman. The router may also be diskless: siproxd is available also
as a package for OpenWRT, an embedded Linux distribution for Linksys
WRT54GS:

http://openwrt.org/
http://nthill.free.fr/openwrt/tracke...ow.php?id=1912

Enzo

Ivor Jones

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)-ip.com wrote:
> Ivor Jones wrote:
>> Enzo Michelangeli wrote:

> [...]
>>> Two SPA-2000 plus any ADSL router... Should cost you less
>>> than $250.

>> Provided you can get two independent devices with different
>> IP addresses to co-exist behind a single router. I can't get
>> two ATA's to work on the same system unless they are using
>> fixed and separate IP addresses not NAT.

> Why not NAT? the Sipura devices work quite well behind them. Just
> use the NAT router in front of them to redirect two pairs of ports
> to different internal IP addresses. Symmetric RTP for SIP and static
> redirection of two separate ranges of ports for the media streams
> over RTP will also help.

I have tried. I just cannot get two independent ATA's to operate behind my
router. It just doesn't work. A 2-port device such as the SPA-2000 works
fine, and is what I use, but I am limited to two phone ports. I can't add
any more as a 2nd ATA just *will not* work. I have tried everything,
believe me, even changing routers.

Ivor

Chris Tsai

"Vox Humana" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<b_P7e.8346$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Can anyone recommend an analogue VoIP adapter, like the Sipura 2100,
> > but that will accommodate 4 analogue handset (FXS) connections and 1
> > of more ethernet LAN connections. All to a single WAN connection to my
> > ADSL feed.
> >

> Why not just get a cheap router from Best Buy (which can be had for around
> $20 or less depending on them model and available rebates) and two Linksys
> PAP2 adapters? The PAP2 go for about $60 each. An alternative to the PAP2
> would be the Sipura SPA2000. The whole set-up will give you four FXS
> connections and at least two LAN connections for under $150.

******* I found out DrayTek VoIP/ADSL Routers-Vigor2500V and
Vigor2100V are most interesting for us.
I think you can find DrayTek VoIP routers from www.draytek.us and
www.voipsupply.com sites.