Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > VoIP " 1899. com "

VoIP " 1899. com "

HL

I have great request - whether someone uses :
- SPA 2000 / 3000 / 841
- PAP2
- Grandstreem 486
from VoIP " 1899. com " ??

David Floyd

In message of Wed, 6 Apr 2005, HL writes
>I have great request - whether someone uses :
>- SPA 2000 / 3000 / 841
>- PAP2
>- Grandstreem 486
>from VoIP " 1899. com " ???

Yes!

DZIKU

Uzytkownik "David Floyd" <(E-Mail Removed)> napisal w wiadomosci
> In message of Wed, 6 Apr 2005, HL writes
>>I have great request - whether someone uses :
>>- SPA 2000 / 3000 / 841
>>- PAP2
>>- Grandstreem 486
>>from VoIP " 1899. com " ???
>>

> Yes!

did you using linksys pap2? i don't think so.. pap2 doesn't work correctly..

HL

> David Floydwrote
In message of Wed, 6 Apr 2005, HL write
> I have great request - whether someone uses
> - SPA 2000 / 3000 / 84
> - PAP
> - Grandstreem 48
> from VoIP " 1899. com " ??

Yes![/quote:6e6bfaba75

*David
I'd like to ask you a big favour. Can you send me screens from you
configuration account Voip 1899.com - of course without your logi
and password
I have a problem - the person I'm calling can hear me while I cannot

David Floyd

In message of Tue, 12 Apr 2005, HL writes
>> David Floydwrote:

>In message of Wed, 6 Apr 2005, HL writes
>> I have great request - whether someone uses :
>> - SPA 2000 / 3000 / 841
>> - PAP2
>> - Grandstreem 486
>> from VoIP " 1899. com " ???
>>

>Yes![/quote:6e6bfaba75]
>
>*David*
>I'd like to ask you a big favour. Can you send me screens from your
>configuration account Voip 1899.com - of course without your login
>and password.
>I have a problem - the person I'm calling can hear me while I cannot.

I'm not able to do that, but this might help:

http://www.bextech.me.uk/voip/

Also you might get a better response from our friends in uk.telecom

David

B.M. Wright

HL <(E-Mail Removed)-spam.invalid> wrote:
> I have great request - whether someone uses :
> - SPA 2000 / 3000 / 841
> - PAP2
> - Grandstreem 486
> from VoIP " 1899. com " ???

Is this one of those UK dialaround services that requires you
have a UK landline before they'll give you an account? Two things that
I noticed right away which are ridiculous:

1) They are charging a 3p per call "connection fee", even on VOIP
calls? Seems silly, especially considering the fact that they are
quoting their incoming termination providers as the reason for raising
costs. Terminating incoming calls via VOIP is, for all intents and
purposes, likely to be almost "free" for them.

2) They are trying to pull the wool over your eyes and quoting
different rates for USA landlines (.5p/min) and mobiles (3p/min, 6x as
much!) which in fact calling a mobile in the US cost nothing more. I'd
be surprised if they have an accurate system to even determine if it's
a mobile you are calling since there is no fixed (i.e. 07xxx = mobile)
numbering system for mobiles here. If anyone actually has been billed
3p/min for calling a "USA mobile" I'd question the charge with them and
ask to please prove how they determined this was a mobile phone you were
calling.

David Floyd

In message of Wed, 13 Apr 2005, B.M. Wright writes
>HL <(E-Mail Removed)-spam.invalid> wrote:
>> I have great request - whether someone uses :
>> - SPA 2000 / 3000 / 841
>> - PAP2
>> - Grandstreem 486
>> from VoIP " 1899. com " ???

> Is this one of those UK dialaround services that requires you
>have a UK landline before they'll give you an account? Two things that
>I noticed right away which are ridiculous:
>
> 1) They are charging a 3p per call "connection fee", even on VOIP
>calls?

No they do not charge 3p connection fee for VoIP generated calls. That
charge is for 1899 calls or calls via their Geographic access number.
There is 'NO' connection fee for VoIP calls.

> 2) They are trying to pull the wool over your eyes and quoting
>different rates for USA landlines (.5p/min) and mobiles (3p/min, 6x as
>much!) which in fact calling a mobile in the US cost nothing more.

Your looking at the wrong rate table for VoIP calls via 1899. Take a
look at

https://www.call1899.co.uk/voiprates.php

DF

Miguel Cruz

David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In message of Wed, 13 Apr 2005, B.M. Wright writes
>> 2) They are trying to pull the wool over your eyes and quoting
>> different rates for USA landlines (.5p/min) and mobiles (3p/min, 6x as
>> much!) which in fact calling a mobile in the US cost nothing more.

> Your looking at the wrong rate table for VoIP calls via 1899. Take a
> look at
>
> https://www.call1899.co.uk/voiprates.php

It's even worse on that page - they are charging INFINITELY more for US
mobiles vs. landlines.

United States [FIX] 0.0
United States [MOB] 3

As B.M. says, it is a load of crap, since there is no difference in
their costs. They're just doing it because UK customers are used to pay more
for calling mobiles.

In China, Hong Kong, and Singapore, other places where like the USA
termination fees are the same, they charge the same high rate (3p/min? What
is this, 1998?) for both fixed and mobile. This differential charging is
only present on calls to the USA. But frankly, outside of fixed-line calls
to the UK, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Singapore, and the USA (where is
Canada on their list?), their rates are so high that it hardly matters - why
would anyone use them anyway?

miguel
Latest photos: Jordan, Turkey, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Israel

David Floyd

In message of Wed, 13 Apr 2005, Miguel Cruz writes
>David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> In message of Wed, 13 Apr 2005, B.M. Wright writes
>>> 2) They are trying to pull the wool over your eyes and quoting
>>> different rates for USA landlines (.5p/min) and mobiles (3p/min, 6x as
>>> much!) which in fact calling a mobile in the US cost nothing more.

>> Your looking at the wrong rate table for VoIP calls via 1899. Take a
>> look at
>>
>> https://www.call1899.co.uk/voiprates.php

>It's even worse on that page - they are charging INFINITELY more for US
>mobiles vs. landlines.
>
> United States [FIX] 0.0
> United States [MOB] 3
>
>As B.M. says, it is a load of crap, since there is no difference in
>their costs. They're just doing it because UK customers are used to pay more
>for calling mobiles.
>
>In China, Hong Kong, and Singapore, other places where like the USA
>termination fees are the same, they charge the same high rate (3p/min? What
>is this, 1998?) for both fixed and mobile. This differential charging is
>only present on calls to the USA. But frankly, outside of fixed-line calls
>to the UK, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Singapore, and the USA (where is
>Canada on their list?), their rates are so high that it hardly matters - why
>would anyone use them anyway?

Can YOU call a US mobile from a UK landline for less than 3p per minute
(even using VoIP).

On reflection; yes. There is sipgate.co.uk which charges 1.5p per
minute - and there are NO monthly charges, so that's all you pay. Do
you have _no monthly charges_ in the US for a VoIP service?

DF

Miguel Cruz

David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Miguel Cruz writes:
>> In China, Hong Kong, and Singapore, other places where like the USA
>> termination fees are the same, they charge the same high rate (3p/min? What
>> is this, 1998?) for both fixed and mobile. This differential charging is
>> only present on calls to the USA. But frankly, outside of fixed-line calls
>> to the UK, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Singapore, and the USA (where is
>> Canada on their list?), their rates are so high that it hardly matters - why
>> would anyone use them anyway?

> Can YOU call a US mobile from a UK landline for less than 3p per minute
> (even using VoIP).

Using VoIP? Sure. The provider I use charges US$0.02 (about 1p) per minute.
And remember that for purposes of charging and termination, US mobiles and
US landlines are equivalent. Other than some US mobile cutomers who get free
calls to other customers of the same mobile provider, nobody in the US pays
a different rate to call mobiles vs landlines. You can't tell by the number
which it is, only by looking it up in a database.

> On reflection; yes. There is sipgate.co.uk which charges 1.5p per
> minute - and there are NO monthly charges, so that's all you pay. Do
> you have _no monthly charges_ in the US for a VoIP service?

Yup, again the provider I use (gafachi.com) charges for usage only, no other
fees.