Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > "Skype me" did not work?

"Skype me" did not work?

Keith Richmond

Hi all,

I have been using Skype for just a few days and successfully tested it
with an existing user. I also did the ten second phone message test,
and it worked great.

I am wanting to talk to other Spyke users who happen to be online as
the same time as me. I have read in some forums where Skype users set
their stats to "Skype me" and almost instantly get flooded with
contact requests. I thought I would try that, but here I sit in
"Skype me" mode, and nary a call. I am not even sure how to find out
who is in "Skype me" mode.

Can any one help?

Keith Richmond

Miguel Cruz

Keith Richmond <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am wanting to talk to other Spyke users who happen to be online as
> the same time as me. I have read in some forums where Skype users set
> their stats to "Skype me" and almost instantly get flooded with
> contact requests. I thought I would try that, but here I sit in
> "Skype me" mode, and nary a call.

You should change your nick to something other than 'serialkiller944'.

miguel
--
Hit The Road! Photos from 35 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu
Latest photos: Malaysia, Israel, Palestine, Austria, Thailand

Petri Krohn

"Miguel Cruz" <(E-Mail Removed)> kirjoitti viestissä
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

KR> I thought I would try that, but here I sit in "Skype me" mode,
KR> and nary a call.

> You should change your nick to something other than 'serialkiller944'.

Or your sex to "female".

(I have not got any calls, but my female friends say they get bugged
regularly.)

--
Petri Krohn
Helsinki Neighborhood Networking Association

Ivor Jones

"Petri Krohn" <(E-Mail Removed)-n-l-a-n-d.invalid> wrote in message
news:d0ptlk$2cbq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Miguel Cruz" <(E-Mail Removed)> kirjoitti viestissä
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> KR> I thought I would try that, but here I sit in "Skype me" mode,
> KR> and nary a call.
>
>> You should change your nick to something other than 'serialkiller944'.

> Or your sex to "female".
>
> (I have not got any calls, but my female friends say they get bugged
> regularly.)

They'll get a shock when you answer though, won't they..?!!

Ivor

Keith Richmond

All these responses have been amusing. Really!

But can anyone answer my second quesiton? How do I find out who is in
"skype me" mode? Obviously anoucing yourself as available to be
skyped has to be listed somewhere. Is it in teh Skype program itself,
or somewhere on line, or.....?

Keith Richmond

MJBarlow@gmail.com

Keith Richmond wrote:
> All these responses have been amusing. Really!
>
> But can anyone answer my second quesiton? How do I find out who is

in
> "skype me" mode? Obviously anoucing yourself as available to be
> skyped has to be listed somewhere. Is it in teh Skype program

itself,
> or somewhere on line, or.....?
>
> Keith Richmond

Go to tools >> search for skype users >> click check box to search for
those in skype me mode.

Matt Barlow

My dissertation is on Internet Telephones. Please go to my website and
fill out my questionnaire:
http://www.mayshack.com

cdn1967@yahoo.com

Ah! There it is. Thanks, matt.