Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Asterisk as a soft switch

Asterisk as a soft switch

MyName

I'm trying to get a clue how much PC horse power I might need to
create a dial plan where T1 inbound connections would be cross-connect
to outbound T1.

In other words, this would be a "Digital Cross Connect" like
application using Asterisk.

Total there is 10 inbound T1 circuits and 10 outbound circuits. I'm
thinking 3 TE410P cards in two PC boxes with a network cable between
them. The dial plan would simply select a route based on the DNIS
digits received from the phone company.

It is possible that all circuit could be in use for about 1 hour a
day. No other features of Asterisk would be needed

TIA

Bart