Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > SPI serial output counter or latch?

SPI serial output counter or latch?

bob

Hello I have been writing some VHDL code for my CoolRunner CPLD.
I am a beginner.
I have made a project that counts events and sends them to a 16-bit
counter. Currently I just look at the binary output.

I would like to latch the counts and serially shift the counts out as
SPI
In hardware I would use a latching shift register like a 74HCT165 and
would use /PL as a chip select and tie CP to SPI_CLK and Q7 to a
buffer then to SPI_MISO Nothing fancy.

So I guess I am asking if anybody has some VHDL code for a parallel in
SPI out latch, or a SPI output counter.

Any help is appreciated.
Martin

Tim Hubberstey

bob wrote:
> Hello I have been writing some VHDL code for my CoolRunner CPLD.
> I am a beginner.
> I have made a project that counts events and sends them to a 16-bit
> counter. Currently I just look at the binary output.
>
> I would like to latch the counts and serially shift the counts out as
> SPI
> In hardware I would use a latching shift register like a 74HCT165 and
> would use /PL as a chip select and tie CP to SPI_CLK and Q7 to a
> buffer then to SPI_MISO Nothing fancy.
>
> So I guess I am asking if anybody has some VHDL code for a parallel in
> SPI out latch, or a SPI output counter.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

Check out <http://www.opencores.org/projects.cgi/web/spi/overview>

This is probably more complex than you want/need but it should give you
ideas.

Page File counter and Private Bytes Counter George2 C++ 1 01-31-2008 09:27 AM
How is SPI (Service Provider Interface) works? jacksuyu@gmail.com Java 4 04-20-2006 02:57 PM
SPI Problem Fizzy VHDL 4 04-12-2006 09:19 PM
Linksys WRT54GS Router with SPI Stateful Packet Inspection and Vonage pattyjamas@gmail.com VOIP 1 12-07-2005 02:42 AM
Session("counter") vs. ViewState("counter")...a newbie question The Eeediot ASP .Net 3 12-22-2004 09:31 PM

Advertisments