Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Libretel and caller ID

Libretel and caller ID

Miguel Cruz

I just get 'unknown'. Does this not work at all?

From: "unknown"<sip:209.163.108.146>;tag=94C03A84-1BDA

Asterisk helpfully sends along the IP address, so all my phone calls come in
as 209163108146.

miguel
--
Hit The Road! Photos from 35 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu
Latest photos: Malaysia, Israel, Palestine, Austria, Thailand

Linus Surguy

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Miguel Cruz) wrote:

>I just get 'unknown'. Does this not work at all?
>
>From: "unknown"<sip:209.163.108.146>;tag=94C03A84-1BDA
>
>Asterisk helpfully sends along the IP address, so all my phone calls come in
>as 209163108146.

This was a long standing 'bug' - its cured in the latest versions, so you won't
get IP addresses displaying as a telephone number.

Linus

www.telesave.co.uk: UK 2.5p/1.5/1p South Africa 6p US,France,Germany,Eire 2.5p
Looking for VoIP ? We're the largest wholesale numbering supplier in the UK!

Miguel Cruz

Linus Surguy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) (Miguel Cruz) wrote:
>> I just get 'unknown'. Does this not work at all?
>>
>> From: "unknown"<sip:209.163.108.146>;tag=94C03A84-1BDA
>>
>> Asterisk helpfully sends along the IP address, so all my phone calls come in
>> as 209163108146.

> This was a long standing 'bug' - its cured in the latest versions, so you won't
> get IP addresses displaying as a telephone number.

Sadly the CVS version of Asterisk (at least today's) doesn't work for me at
all (calls originating from SIP devices all get a "488 Not Acceptable Here"
response for reasons I'm unable to divine) so I am consigned to the past for
the forseeable future.

miguel