Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Skype on a ATA?

Skype on a ATA?

Antonio

Is it possible to have an ATA (like Sipura 2000 or CISCO ATA 186)
registered on a Skype account to receive skype calls on regular
phones?

How?

Thanks

Ivor Jones

Antonio wrote:
> Is it possible to have an ATA (like Sipura 2000 or CISCO ATA 186)
> registered on a Skype account to receive skype calls on regular
> phones?
>
> How?

As far as I'm aware, no. Sykpe's protocol is proprietary and doesn't use
SIP or any of the other well known protocols.

Ivor